NLE Special Issue 2024 : Natural Language Engineering- Special issue on NLP Approaches for Computational Analysis of Social Media Texts for Online Well-being and Social Order
Call For Papers
This special issue aims to bring together contributions that advance the research in the area of computational methods for automatic detection and identification of harmful content on the social media platforms, such as those reporting:
Dictionaries and Lexicons
Software Resources etc.
Submissions that address the topics of opinion formation and propagation on social media platforms will be in the scope. Contributions that report novel methods and techniques, datasets and application of various state of the art methods for different tasks in the social media text analytics, including those in low resource languages are welcome. Though the main focus area of the special issue is on the analysis of the textual content, studies that analyse multimodal data (with text being the major part) will also be considered.
Submissions of computational work on the following non-exhaustive indicative list of topics are welcome:
• Aggression and Abusive Content detection
• Cognitive Analytics of Social Media Services
• Collective Idea Generation and Opinion Dynamics
• Depression Intensity Estimation
• Detection of Hate Speech, Profanity, Hostility, Cyberbullying
• Disinformation, Misinformation, Fake News and Rumours
• Emotion analysis, Emotional conversation generation
• Fraud detection in online social network
• Making online environments safer
• Personality trait assessment
• Polarization in online discussions
• Protecting Children from abusive content
• Racial and targeted abuse detection
• Religious abuse and bias detection
• Sentiment Analysis
• Sexism and Misogynistic attitude detection
• Social Alignment Contagion in Online Social Networks
• Social biases in online texts
• Social Perception and Social Influence in social media
• Suicide Ideation detection in the Online Environment
• Violent Incident detection
- David Pinto, Professor, Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Mexico.
- Vivek Kumar Singh, Professor, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
- Sriparna Saha, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Patna, India.
Call for papers announced: Jan. 2024
Submission of Papers end: 31st Aug. 2024
Review Process: Ongoing with submissions
First round of notifications complete: Oct. 2024
Revised submission complete: Dec. 2024
Final Notifications: Feb. 2025
Issue Online: April/ May 2025
Detailed author instruction for the journal can be found at: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/natural-language-engineering/information/author-instructions
Submission of papers can be made through the following submission system of the journal: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nle
While submitting, please select special issue: NLP Approaches for Computational Analysis of Social Media Texts for Online-Well-being and Social order