PETRINETS 2024 : 45th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets and Concurrency
Call For Papers
# Call for papers: Petri Nets 2024
PETRI NETS 2024
45th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets and Concurrency
Geneva, Switzerland, June 24-28, 2024
Two kinds of papers can be submitted:
* Regular papers (max. 20 pages excluding references) describing original results pertaining to the development of the
theory of Petri nets and distributed and concurrent systems in general, new results extending the applicability of Petri nets,
or case studies, application and experience reports pertinent to the practical use of Petri nets and concurrency.
* Tool papers (max. 10 pages excluding references) describing a computer tool based on Petri nets (not an application of
the tool or the theory behind the tool). The tool should be available for use by other groups (but not necessarily for free). The
submission should indicate how the reviewers can get access to the tool (this must be for free). The tool will be demonstrated
in the Tool Exhibition, in addition to being presented in a conference talk.
Submitted papers must:
* be contributions that have not been published or submitted to other conferences/journals before or in parallel with this conference.
* clearly state the problem being addressed, the goal of the work, the results achieved, and the relation to other work.
* be in English and in the Springer LNCS-format: https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
* adhere to the page limit for the relevant category (see above).
* be sent electronically (as a PDF file) using the website
http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=petrinets2024 before the deadline.
The title page must:
* contain a short abstract and a classification of the topics covered, preferably using the list of topics above.
* clearly indicate whether the paper is submitted as a regular paper or tool paper.
Submissions violating the above requirements may be immediately rejected by the PC Chairs.
Abstract submission: January 15, 2024
Paper submission: January 22, 2024
Notification: March 8, 2024
Final version due: March 22, 2024
Workshops & tutorials: June 24-25, 2024
Main conference: June 26-28, 2024
All accepted papers will be considered for an Outstanding Paper award. Authors of selected papers presented at the conference
will be invited to submit an extended version that will be further reviewed for inclusion into a special issue of a renowned journal.
General topics of interest related to concurrency
- Application of concurrency to system design: formal models for designing computer systems with concurrent behaviour;
applied research aimed at designing computer systems which exhibit concurrency
- Model checking and verification of distributed systems
- Verification of infinite-state or parametric systems
- Causality/partial order theory of concurrency
- Educational issues related to concurrency
- New developments in the theory of concurrency
- Modelling of hardware and biological systems
Topics specific to Petri Nets
- Analysis and synthesis, structure and behaviour of nets
- System design and model-driven development using nets
- Relationships between Petri nets and other approaches
- Net-based semantical, logical and algebraic calculi
- Higher-level net models (coloured nets, timed nets, etc.)
- Stochastic net models
- Verification and model checking using nets
- Process discovery and conformance checking
- Computer tools for nets
- Standardisation of nets
- Experience reports describing applications of nets to different kinds of systems and application domains
- Lars Michael Kristensen (Western Norway University of Applied Sciences)
- Jan Martijn van der Werf (Utrecht University)
Contact PC chairs: pn2024-PCemail@example.com