FICIMA 2024 : 1st Workshop on Forest-Inspired Computational Intelligence Methods and Applications
Call For Papers
The Workshop is a part of WorldCist'24 - 12th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, to be held in Lodz, at Lodz University of Technology, Poland, 26 - 28 March 2024 (https://worldcist.org/ ).
The workshop is specifically focusing on algorithms and methodologies inspired by the intricate dynamics of forest ecosystems. Forests, with their complex interplay of growth, competition, and adaptation, offer a rich source of inspiration for computational models. The workshop aims to provide a holistic understanding of forest-inspired computational intelligence, bridging the gap between the natural world's wonders and their application in solving complex computational problems.
• Understanding Forest Ecosystem Dynamics
• Forest-Based and Forest-Inspired optimization algorithms
• Hybrid Forest-inspired Models in Computational Intelligence
• Parameter Tuning in Forest-Inspired Algorithms
• Practical applications of forest-inspired algorithms
• Using forest-inspired algorithms for medical diagnostics, prognosis, and treatment planning.
• Evaluating forest-inspired algorithms against other nature-inspired algorithms, such as Particle Swarm Optimization or Genetic Algorithms.
• Scalability and Performance enhancement techniques to ensure forest-inspired algorithms can handle large datasets and complex problems efficiently.
• Forest-Inspired Algorithms in Finance for Applications in stock market prediction, risk assessment, and portfolio optimization.
Two types of papers can be submitted to workshops (both will be published at the Springer LNNS proceedings):
- Full papers: Finished or consolidated R&D works. These papers are assigned a 10-page limit.
- Short papers: Finished or consolidated R&D works and Ongoing work but with relevant preliminary results, open to discussion. These papers are assigned a 7-page limit.
Submit using EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=worldcistworkshops2024.
Please be aware of the important dates for all Workshops:
- Deadline for paper submission: November 26th, 2023
- Notification of paper acceptance: December 24th, 2023
- Deadline for final versions and conference registration: January 5th, 2024.
- Conference dates: 26 - 28 March 2024.
Dr. Robertas Damaševičius, Silesian University of Technology
Prof. Dr. Rytis Maskeliunas, Kaunas University of Technology
Prof. Dr. Gintautas Mozgeris, Vytautas Magnus University