InPACT 2024 : International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2024
Call For Papers
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends (InPACT) 2024 in Porto, Portugal: send your abstract until 2 October
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2024 (InPACT 2024)
20 to 22 of April 2024 – Porto, Portugal
= Important Dates =
Abstract submissions: until 2 October 2023
Notification to authors: from 10 November 2023
Registration and Final Submission: until 8 December 2023
= Conference Goals =
The goal of this conference is to offer a new approach to the discussion and presentation of the psychological science nowadays. We expect to engage and interact with authors and researchers from various countries, cultures, and fields in the area. We provide the answer to expose new quality developments in research and theoretical findings in Applied Psychology. Some main areas are chosen and divided into more detailed sub-themes (see below), not omitting other topics regarding groundbreaking contributions that might benefit attendees at the conference.
= InPACT format =
The conference will cover many types of presentation formats, incorporating Invited Keynote Speakers, oral and thematic showcases. Among the conference materials, given to all registered attendees, a book will be published with the Proceedings of the conference. Other publication opportunities will also be available.
= Themes of Interest =
To develop the conference program, we have chosen eight main broad-ranging categories in Applied Psychology, which also cover different interest areas:
- In CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY: Emotions and related psychological processes; Assessment; Psychotherapy and counseling; Addictive behaviors; Eating disorders; Personality disorders; Quality of life and mental health; Communication within relationships; Services of mental health; and Psychopathology.
- In EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: Language and cognitive processes; School environment and childhood disorders; Parenting and parenting related processes; Learning and technology; Psychology in schools; Intelligence and creativity; Motivation in classroom; Perspectives on teaching; Assessment and evaluation; and Individual differences in learning.
- In SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: Cross-cultural dimensions of mental disorders; Employment issues and training; Organizational psychology; Psychology in politics and international issues; Social factors in adolescence and its development; Social anxiety and self-esteem; Immigration and social policy; Self-efficacy and identity development; Parenting and social support; and Addiction and stigmatization; Psychological and social impact of virtual networks.
- In LEGAL PSYCHOLOGY: Violence and trauma; Mass-media and aggression; Intra-familial violence; Juvenile delinquency; Aggressive behavior in childhood; Internet offending; Working with crime perpetrators; Forensic psychology; Violent risk assessment; and Law enforcement and stress.
- In COGNITIVE AND EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY: Perception, memory and attention; Decision making and problem-solving; Concept formation, reasoning, and judgment; Language processing; Learning skills and education; Cognitive Neuroscience; Computer analogies and information processing (Artificial Intelligence and computer simulations); Social and cultural factors in the cognitive approach; Experimental methods, research and statistics; and Biopsychology.
- In ENVIRONMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY: Environmental behaviour studies; Place attachment; Restorative environments; Pro-environmental behaviour; Architectural psychology; Environment Psychology Theories and Methods; Environmental risk perception and management; Environmental impact assessment; Environmental consciousness; Interdisciplinary research.
- In HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY: Biological, Physiological and Cognitive Models; Research methods and measurement; Individual differences and Habits; Illness-related and sick role beliefs; Acute and chronic illness; Dealing with Pain; Health Promotion and Intervention.
- In PSYCHOANALYSIS AND PSYCHOANALYTICAL PSYCHOTHERAPY: Psychoanalysis and psychology; The unconscious; The Oedipus complex; Psychoanalysis of children; Pathological mourning; Addictive personalities; Borderline organizations; Narcissistic personalities; Anxiety and phobias; Psychosis; and Neuropsychoanalysis.
= Types of Contributions =
All submissions are subjected to a blind-review refereeing process and are divided into these categories:
- Oral Presentations
- Virtual presentations
- Corporates can also showcase their products or services in the conference exhibitions area by contacting the secretariat or publicity email (provided below).
= Conference Date and Location =
InPACT 2024 will be held in Porto, Portugal, from 20 to 22 April 2024.
= Contacts =
Conference email: email@example.com
Publicity email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference and Program Co-Chairs:
Prof. Dr. Clara Pracana
Full and Training member of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Portugal
Prof. Dr. Michael Wang
Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychology, University of Leicester, United Kingdom