WSACC 2023 : Workshop on Smart and Circular Cities 2023
Call For Papers
Organized in the scope of the 9th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference 2023, 24-27 September 2023, Bucharest, Romania, https://attend.ieee.org/isc2-2023/
Smart Cities and the IoT, together with sustainability and circular economy, form a significant part of the current research landscape, as regards large-scale systems and applications. As regards pervasive computing and the respective challenges in this space, several challenges have emerged during the last few years when designing and applying these systems in domains like energy, sustainability and smart transportation, especially when discussing their cross-section. Recent advancements in fields like the digital twin have brought forth additional challenges and opportunities in the pervasive computing space, especially when having in mind the point of view of smart cities as “system of systems”. In most cases, a multi-disciplinary approach is required for designing and implementing systems for smart circular cities, and such aspects are at the core of this workshop.
The aim of this workshop is to collect works from academia and industry reporting original, previously unpublished research, addressing technologies, systems, applications and services in the Smart and Circular Cities domain. In addition, novel approaches combining advances in IoT, Edge and Cloud computing, circularity and sustainability, Industry 4.0 are also within the scope of this workshop.
Overall, the workshop aims to address the following topics:
• Resilient smart and circular cities
• Applications of AI for smart cities
• Citizen science and education-related aspects related to smart cities and circular economy
• Data management, open data and knowledge extraction in smart and circular cities
• Digital Twins and their application in smart and circular cities and sustainability
• Distributed Ledger Technologies and the smart city ecosystem
• People-centric systems and crowdsensing solutions in smart cities
• Smart Cities as a system of systems
• Smart city pilots/applications and related studies
• Smart City Governance issues
• Smart City Safety, Security and Privacy issues
• Standardization, interoperability, regulation and legal matters in the smart city framework
• Studies on behavioral change aspects for sustainability
• Tools and techniques for urban co-creation
• IoT, edge/fog and cloud computing for smart and circular cities
• Cybersecurity issues in Smart Cities
• Autonomous vehicles in Smart Cities
We expect researchers, members of the industry and public entities, including municipalities, working on smart cities, the IoT, aspects of applied research on the circular economy, among other groups, will be interested to share their research and findings with the greater IEEE community.
Submitted papers must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous review process handled by the Technical Program Committee. Only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered. A maximum of 6 pages including references is allowed, formatted in accordance with the conference guidelines. All submitted papers should be written in English and formatted according to the IEEE conference proceedings template.
The accepted papers will be published in the main conference's proceedings.
Paper submission: August 1, 2023
Notification: August 14, 2023
Camera Ready: August 25, 2023