SSA 2011 : IEEE APSCC Workshop on Semantics, Services and Applications
Call For Papers
IEEE APSCC Workshop on Semantics, Services and Applications (SSA 2011)
December 12-15, 2011 Jeju, Korea
Aim and Scope
Service-oriented computing promises a paradigm where application components can be assembled into a network of services that can be loosely coupled to create flexible, dynamic business processes and agile applications that span organizations and computing platforms1. Semantic technologies are key enablers that offer a flexible, adaptable and maintainable means to make this vision come true. The synergies between the two technologies called Semantic Services is poised to allow the semi-automatic/automatic discovery, selection, composition and execution of inter-organizational business logic, and enable the development of a global common platform where organizations, individuals and the like communicate among each other to carry out various commercial activities and to provide value-added services.
This workshop will bring together researchers and practitioners working on all aspects of semantic services, to share their experiences, exchange new ideas as well as to identify key emerging topics and define future directions for semantic services.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited on all aspects of Semantic Services, including but not limited to the following:
* Semantic Service Matchmaking, Discovery, Selection
* Semantic Service Mediation and Brokering
* Semantic Service Composition, Orchestration, and Choreography
* Semantic Service Provisioning
* Ontology Standards, Design and Reuse
* Semantics for Service Security and Privacy
* Semantics for QoS modeling, measurement and estimation
* Semantics in Cloud services, Grid services
* Semantics in Network Services, Telecom services and other Pervasive environments
* Issues in User Adoption
* Industrial Ecosystems
* Demos, Case Studies and Real-world Applications
* Applications to E-business, E-science, E-governance, Mobile computing, Sensor networks, Web 2.0
Work-in-progress, industry applications/experiences and position papers are also welcome. Please submit your paper using the SSA 2011 EasyChair site:
Manuscripts should be prepared according to the IEEE Computer Society Press - Proceedings Author Guidelines. Submissions must be in English and provided as a PDF file. The length of manuscripts is limited to 6 pages. Submissions, which deviate from these guidelines, may be rejected without review.
Each manuscript will be judged on its originality, significance, technical quality, relevance, and presentation. Authors are required to certify that their paper represents original work and is previously unpublished.
Submitting a paper to SSA 2011 workshop means that if the paper is accepted, at least one author will attend the conference to present the paper.
Prospective authors are strongly encouraged to get in touch with the chairs and express their interest and seek clarifications on their queries early.
Paper Submission: Aug 8
Author Notification: Sep 8
Camera ready: Oct 8
Workshop Date: Dec 12, 2011
Workshop proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society and indexed by EI (pending confirmation). A journal special issue will be organized based on the extended versions of selected high-quality papers presented at SSA 2011 workshop.
* Rajaraman Kanagasabai, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore
* Seungmin Rho, Korea University, Korea
* Charles Petrie, Stanford University, USA