QuickPar 2023 : First International Workshop on Urgent Analytics for Distributed Computing
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Workshop on Urgent Analytics for Distributed Computing (QuickPar 2023)
Co-located with 29th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par 2023)
Submission Deadline (firm): June 2nd, 2023 AoE
Author Notification: June 19th, 2023
Limassol, Cyprus, Aug. 28 or 29, 2023
The First Workshop on Urgent Analytics for Distributed Computing (QuickPar 2023) aims to provide a platform that address distributed applications that enable important decision-making under time and quality constraints while maintaining desired confidence. We seek scientific contributions that leverage the aggregation of heterogeneous resources along the data path from the Edge to the Cloud/HPC, also known as the Computing Continuum, to support critical analytics applications. Data-driven dynamic workflows, which combine knowledge from multiple data sources and integrate it on-demand with distributed, large-scale computational models, are some of the canonical use cases for this theme.
We are looking for original high-quality research and position papers on urgent applications, services, and system software for the computing continuum. Authors are invited to submit papers electronically, through EasyChair. The papers should be submitted in PDF, following the Springer LNCS format . Paper length must not exceed 12 pages (including references).
Topics of interest for workshop submissions include (but are not limited to):
- Algorithms, models and systems considerations in designing urgent applications in the Computing Continuum
- Programming support for user expectations and constraints in terms of response time, solution quality, data resolution, cost, energy, etc.
- Run-time techniques to provide flexible execution models for computation and communication.
- Resource management frameworks and interfaces supporting scheduling, resource allocations and application execution for the computing continuum.
- Use of AI and ML techniques to steer urgency in systems and applications.
- Experiences and use cases applying urgent science to computing continuum infrastructures.
- Autonomic Computing in the Computing Continuum
- Resource Management and Scheduling in the Computing Continuum
- Distributed Machine Learning in the Computing Continuum
- Edge Intelligence models and architectures
- Policy driven service and resource life-cycle management
Ilkay Altintas from San Diego Supercomputer Center (USA)
Pete Beckman from Argonne National Labs (USA)
Omer Rana from Cardiff University (UK)
Paper Deadline (firm): June 2, 2023 AoE
Author Notification: June 19, 2023
Camera ready papers: July 2, 2023
Workshop (Full Day): August 28 or 29, 2023
Accepted papers that are presented at the workshop, will be published in a revised form in a special Euro-Par Workshop Volume in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series after the Euro-Par conference. We look forward to receiving your submission and to seeing you at the QuickPar workshop in Limassol, Cyprus.