ECMR 2023 : European Conference on Mobile Robots
Conference Series : European Conference on Mobile Robots
Call For Papers
We cordially invite you to submit your work to the 11th European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR 2023), which will bring together researchers working on all aspects of mobile robotics including scientific foundations, applications, and analysis of mobile robotic systems.
ECMR welcomes original research papers describing fundamental developments in the field of mobile robotics, with particular emphasis on autonomous systems. The conference will be single-track, and the final program will be the result of a thorough peer review process. Submissions will be evaluated in terms of their novelty, technical quality, significance, potential impact, and clarity.
The program will include invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations of accepted papers. The three-day main conference will be preceded by a workshop and tutorials day.
An important goal of ECMR is to extend the state-of-the-art in the context of autonomous mobile systems featuring interdisciplinary approaches covering computer science, control systems, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering, and other fields.
ECMR 2023will be hosted by the Institute of Systems and Robotics - University of Coimbra, in Coimbra, Portugal
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Mobile robot design: Wheeled and Legged Systems, Aerial Robots, Unconventional Locomotion Mechanisms, Reconfigurable Robots, Soft Robots, Biomimetic Robotics, Actuators, Sensors, Design Methods
• Perception: Environment Perception, Mapping, Localization, SLAM, Scene Understanding, Semantic Segmentation, Object Detection/Tracking/Pose Estimation, 3D Modeling, Predictive Modeling, Active and Interactive Perception, Proprioception, State Estimation, Calibration
• Planning and Control: Exploration, Navigation Planning, Locomotion Planning, Planning under Uncertainty, Model-based Control, Obstacle Avoidance, Robust Control, Safe Control
• Learning: Learning for Perception, Learning for Planning, Reinforcement Learning, Inverse RL, Deep Learning, Imitation Learning, Learning from Demonstration, Sim2Real and Real2Sim Learning, Learning-based Control, System Identification, Adaptive Control
• Distributed Systems: Multi-Robot Systems, Networked Robots, Swarms, Coordination, Task and Resource Allocation
• Mobile Manipulation: Mobile Manipulation Platforms, Perception for Mobile Manipulation, Loco-Manipulation, Whole-Body Motion Planning and Control, Multi-Contact Planning and Control, Aerial, Underwater, and Space Manipulation
• Human-robot Interaction: User Interfaces, Shared Autonomy, Human-Robot Dialogue, Human-Robot Teaming, Human-Robot Collaboration, Physical HRI, Safe Interaction
• Applications: Service Robots (e.g. Logistics, Health Care, Industrial, Inspection, Monitoring, Professional Services, Personal Robots, Social Robots), Field Robots (e.g. Agricultural and Mining, Construction, Aerial, Underwater, Space)
Selected papers will be invited for submission to a special issue of the Robotics and Autonomous Systems journal.
Paper and Video Format:
All accepted papers wether selected as oral, or poster presentations, will be included in IEEE Xplore. Submissions must be formatted in A4, two-column IEEE style. Papers can have six pages, including references. Up to two extra pages are allowed for a charge of 100 EUR/page.
• Format guidelines
• LaTex template
• MS Word template
A 1-minute video (up to 10 MB) can be added to supplement your paper. Videos are not mandatory. Rather it’s an opportunity to augment one’s paper to showcase results visibly. MPG, MPEG, or MP4 video formats can be used.
Please submit your paper and possible video attachment using EasyChair !