DeMeSSA 2023 : The 3rd International Workshop on Designing and Measuring Security in Software Architectures
Call For Papers
Call for Paper
The 3rd International Workshop on Designing and Measuring security in Software Architecture (DeMeSSA 2023),
part of ECSA, 18-22 September 2023, Istanbul, Turkiye.
SCOPE: Security threats to software systems are becoming a growing concern in many organizations, particularly due to the changes in legislation for handling private user data.
After decades of research, the issue of integrating security early-on (“security by design” or “design for security”) in the Software Development Life-cycle has received more attention and is becoming a corner stone in software development.
Particularly, analyzing the software architecture (at design time and runtime) plays a major role in holistically addressing security issues in software development. Finally, too little focus has been dedicated into investigating diversity gaps in security workforce.
We encourage submissions of preliminary work, and novel ideas and position papers.
DeMeSSA 2023 fosters (not limited to) submissions in the following general topics:
- Designing security in Software Architecture,
- Measuring security in Software Architecture,
- Relation of Security with other Extra-Functional Properties,
- Future Perspectives, Challenges and Roadmaps on Security by Design
Full list of topics on the website: https://sites.google.com/view/demessa2023/topics-of-interest
SUBMISSION: DeMeSSA 2023 invites two kinds of submissions:
· Regular papers (12 pages in LNCS format + 2 extra pages for references): Full research papers that describe novel contributions to the state-of-the-art, reporting on work or experiences in industry or industrial-relevant case or field studies
· Short papers (8 pages in LNCS format + 2 extra pages for references): Position/Work-in-progress research papers that describe promising preliminary results, approaches, ideas, or challenging issues for application in the industry
· Submission guidelines: https://sites.google.com/view/demessa2023/submission-guidelines
In accordance with ECSA’23 instructions, DeMeSSA’23 will use a two-step process
for workshop proceedings: 1) Accepted papers will be published online on the ECSA
2023 web page (before the workshop). 2): Candidate papers for post-proceedings will
provide an extended and revised version of the accepted paper to be considered for
publication in the post-proceedings Springer LNCS volume (up to 16 pages).
Workshop papers submitted for the post-proceedings will undergo through a minor revision cycle where the extensions with respect to the workshop versions will be checked by the reviewers.
- Workshop papers due: July 7, 2023 (extended)
- Notification of workshop papers: July 28, 2023
- Workshop papers (LNCS) camera-ready: August 4th, 2023
- Jamal EL HACHEM, IRISA, Université Bretagne Sud, France
- Katja Tuma, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
- Koen Yskout, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Flavio Oquendo, IRISA, Université Bretagne Sud, France
- Fabio Massacci, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and University of Trento, Netherlands | Italy