IMS 2023 : Internet & Modern Society
Call For Papers
WELCOME TO IMS 2023!
International conference “Internet and Modern Society” (IMS-2023) is mainly organized by ITMO University, held in St. Petersburg, from 26 to 28 June 2023, during the Information Society Week. Important tasks of the IMS-2023 are contribution to the formation of specialists’ international community and promotion of research and development in the field of information society technologies. Important events of IMS-2023 which focus on specific aspects of the Information Society and digital transformation are International Workshops:
- Interactive Systems & Information Society Technologies (InterSys2023) https://ims.itmo.ru/intersys2023.html
The goal of the InterSys2023 workshop is to discuss to the problems of interactive technologies development in the digital environment (science, education, healthcare, business, public administration and civil society).
- Internet Psychology (IntPsy-2023)https://ims.itmo.ru/intersys2023.html
The goal of the IntPsy-2023 is to create a platform for experts and researchers’ collaboration and discussion of the issues related to the transformations of human behavior and communication in the network society, the influence of ICTs on the cognitive and personal development of children and adults, as well as to the methodology of psychological research on the Internet.
- Computational Linguistics (CompLing-2023) https://ims.itmo.ru/compling-eng.html
The goal of the CompLing-2023 is to discuss the actual issues of interaction of linguistics and information technologies – regarding the development of technology solutions on the basis of a natural language, and the influence of information technologies on the language. Target audience are linguists of all profiles, the staff of organizations developing information systems that involve natural language processing, specialists in knowledge representation, higher education teachers, translators.
- E-Governance-2023 https://ims.itmo.ru/e-gov-eng.html
The goal of the E-Governance-2023 workshop is to discuss the problems of new forms of interaction between citizens and the state in the digital environment, to develop the idea of digital citizenship, to identify the challenges and risks of digitalization of the public sphere, to determine the role of trust in digital technologies on the part of citizens and public servants. See CFP for details.
- Digital City (Dcity-2023) https://ims.itmo.ru/dcity-eng.html
The goal of the DСity-2023 workshop is to create a platform for experts and researchers’ collaboration and discussion of the issues related to a qualitative change in urbanism, the transition of many processes to the digital sphere, a new, digital citizen worldview, as well as new opportunities that open up with new technologies, such as artificial intelligence. See CFP for details.
YS-DTGS-2023 is an academic event for students and young scholars (under 35 years of age). It provides a collaborative platform for young researchers to discuss transformative impact of digital technologies.
All submissions will be carefully reviewed by the program committee and selected for the IMS2023 Proceedings.
Rules for papers in the proceedings here.
The text is submitted for review (in PDF) without mentioning the authors, affiliation and references to projects carried out by the authors. This information is added to the final version of the article, after its approval.
Important Dates - Paper Submission:
- April 16, 2023 – uploading of the texts of articles (or extended abstracts of the report) in Russian and English to the EasyChair system
- May 10, 2023 – notification of the authors of the reports on the decision of the Program Committee (adopted / recommended to be finalized / not adopted)
- May 20, 2023 – presentation of the full text of the adopted report (article or abstracts of the report after revision), ready for publication in the conference materials
- May 29, 2023 – early registration of speakers (preferential registration fee)
- June 12, 2023 – registration of conference participants, publication of the IMS-2023 conference program
To be accepted to the workshop a paper must be original, not published anywhere else before or being under review. A paper can be either in English or Russian. All papers undergo a double-blind peer review by no fewer than 3 experts. The authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in the workshop as speakers.
IMS Information manager