IEEE ITSC2023 SS 2023 : Special Session: Leveraging Data in Connected, Cooperative and Automated Mobility (CCAM) enabled by Edge and Cloud
Call For Papers
This Special Session will explore the challenges to leverage data in CCAM and the role of Edge and Cloud as key enabling technologies. More specifically, it will focus on how to capture, structure, index, store and share data to enable analytical systems to get valuable insights; how to efficiently balance processing workload and assets in distributed infrastructures; how to transmit data efficiently and reliably; and how to address security and privacy issues. We aim to facilitate the exchange of ideas and promote collaboration to find novel solutions to these problems. By understanding the barriers and solutions to leverage data in CCAM, we can help pave the way for a safer and more efficient transportation system.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Internet of Things (IoT) messaging for CCAM data.
• Data structures and software architectures for CCAM data processing.
• Data analytics, data quality assessment, and visualization tasks at large scale.
• Collaborative and Federated analytics on distributed/decentralized data.
• Edge and Cloud computing for distributed data processing and storage.
• Edge-Cloud continuum integration and orchestration.
• AIOps and microservices platforms for data processing.
• Mobility-aware Edge computing provision and consumption.
• Digital Twins of vehicles.
• Secure/trusted service provisioning for data producers and data consumers.
• Data usage control and ownership management.
*********** Special Session organizers ***********
Dr. Gorka Vélez, Vicomtech, Spain.
Dr. Ángel Martín, Vicomtech, Spain.
Dr. Marcos Nieto, Vicomtech, Spain.
*********** Information for authors ***********
Contributions to this Special Session need to be submitted via Papercept (http://its.papercept.net/), using this code: u44w9
All papers submitted through Papercept (Workshop, Special & Industrial Session and Regular Session Papers) will be peer-reviewed. All the accepted papers, if they are presented at ITSC 2023, will be published in IEEE Xplore and eligible for the IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (Q1, Impact Factor = 9.55) journal special issues arranged for the conference.
More information can be found here: