MADEISD 2023 : 5th Workshop on Modern Approaches in Data Engineering and Information System Design
Call For Papers
5th MADEISD Workshop 2023 – Modern Approaches in Data Engineering and Information System Design
Organized within the framework of the European Conference on Advances in Databases and
Information Systems (ADBIS 2023)
Barcelona, Spain, 4th-7th of September, 2023
SCOPE & TOPICS
For decades, in many, particularly complex organization systems, there is an open issue how to support information management process so as to produce useful knowledge and tangible business values from data being collected. One of the central roles in addressing this issue still play databases and information systems. In recent years, we are the witnesses of great movements in the area of business information management. Such movements are both of technological and methodological nature. By this, today we have a huge selection of various technologies, tools, and methods in data engineering as a discipline that helps in a support of the whole data life cycle in organization systems, as well as in information system design that supports the software process in data engineering. Despite that, one of the hot issues in practice is still how to effectively transform large amounts of daily collected operational data into the useful knowledge from the perspective of declared company goals, and how to set up the information design process aimed at production of effective software services in companies. It seems that nowadays we have great theoretical potentials for application of new and more effective approaches in data engineering and information system design. However, it is more likely that real deployment of such approaches in industry practice is far behind their theoretical potentials.
The main goal of this workshop is to address open questions and real potentials for various applications of modern approaches and technologies in data engineering and information system design so as to develop and implement effective software services in a support of information management in various organization systems. We intend to address interdisciplinary character of a set of theories, methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies in disciplines such as Data Engineering, Information System Design, Big Data, NoSQL Systems, Data Streams, Internet of Things, Cloud Systems, and Model Driven Approaches in a development of effective software services. We invite researchers from all over the world who will present their contributions, interdisciplinary approaches or case studies related to modern approaches in Data Engineering and Information System Design. We express an interest in gathering scientists and practitioners interested in applying these disciplines in industry sector, as well as public and government sectors, such as healthcare, education, public administration, or security services. Experts from all sectors and application domains are welcomed.
Submissions are expected from, but not limited to the following topics:
* Data Engineering and Information System Design – Mathematical Foundations, Theoretical, and Practical Aspects
* Architectures, Strategies, and Practices in Data Engineering and Information System Design
* Data Engineering and Information System Design – Applications and Industry Experience
* Data Engineering and Information System Design for Lean Manufacturing
* Data Engineering and Information System Design for Streaming Data and Real Time Systems
* Data Engineering and Information System Design for IoT, Industry 4.0 and Cloud Systems
* Big Data, NoSQL Systems, Data Streams, Blockchain Systems, and Data Lakes in Data Engineering
* OLAP Systems for Big Data, Big Data Analytics, and Deep Learning from Big Data
* Model Driven Approaches in Data Engineering, Databases, and Information System Design
* Model Driven Approaches in NoSQL System Design and Implementation – Problems and Issues
* Domain Specific Modeling and Tools in Data Engineering, Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Streams, Blockchain Systems, and NoSQL Systems
* Data Quality Management in Data Engineering, Big Data, Data Lakes, and NoSQL Systems
* Methodologies, Models, Algorithms, and Architectures for Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Streams, Blockchain Systems, and NoSQL Systems
* Teaching Data Engineering Approaches in Academic and Industrial Environments
* Organizational and Human Factors, Skills, and Qualifications for Data Engineering
* Data Privacy and Security Issues in Data Engineering
* Models for Data Engineering and Resource Integration
* Regulation and Standardization in Data Engineering
* Lean Software Engineering for Data Engineering, Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Streams, Blockchain Systems, and NoSQL Systems
* Innovative Data Models and Data Integrity in Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Streams, Blockchain Systems, and NoSQL Systems – Theoretical and Practical Aspects
* Submitted papers should present substantially original results not currently under review or published elsewhere.
* Papers should be written in English and must comply with the Springer formatting guidelines.
* Instructions for authors are available at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
* Papers should be formatted either in Latex or Word and submitted in PDF format, using the online submission
* Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers.
* The number of pages of a workshop paper is up to 12 pages for full papers, and from 6 to 8 pages for short papers.
* The workshop papers will be published by Springer in Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS).
BEST PAPER AWARD
Outstanding workshop papers will be invited for submissions as extended and revised versions to a special issue in Computer Science and Information Systems journal (ComSIS, http://www.comsis.org/), indexed by: Science Citation Index (SCI, IF2021: 1.170) by Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS (Elsevier), Summon (Serials Solutions).
* Workshop paper submission: 24th of April, 2023
* Workshop paper acceptance notification: 15th of May, 2023
* Workshop paper camera ready: 9th of June, 2023
* Workshop date: 4th of September, 2023
* Ivan Luković, University of Belgrade, Serbia (http://www.fon.bg.ac.rs/eng/about-fos/academic-staff/ivan-lukovic/, email@example.com)
* Slavica Kordić, University of Novi Sad, Serbia (http://www.acs.uns.ac.rs/en/user/14, firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Sonja Ristić, University of Novi Sad, Serbia (http://www.ftn.uns.ac.rs/2048307394/sonja-ristic, email@example.com)
* Miroslav Bureš, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
* Boris Delibašić, University of Belgrade, Serbia
* Dražen Drašković, University of Belgrade, Serbia
* João M. Fernandes, University of Minho, Portugal
* José Eduardo Fernandes, Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, Portugal
* Krešimir Fertalj, University of Zagreb, Croatia
* Krzysztof Goczyła, Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland
* Ralf-Christian Härting, Aalen University, Germany
* Dušan Jakovetić, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
* Miklós Krész, InnoRenew CoE and University of Primorska, Slovenia
* Dragan Maćoš, Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin, Germany
* Sanda Martinčić - Ipšić, University of Rijeka, Croatia
* Manuel Mazzara, Innopolis University, Russia
* Nikola Obrenović, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
* Maxim Panov, Technology Innovation Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE
* Rui Humberto Pereira, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal
* Aleksandar Popović, University of Montenegro, Montenegro
* Patrizia Poščić, University of Rijeka, Croatia
* Adam Przybyłek, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
* Kornelije Rabuzin, University of Zagreb, Croatia
* Igor Rožanc, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
* Nikolay Skvortsov, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
* William Steingartner, Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
* Vjeran Strahonja, University of Zagreb, Croatia
* Valentino Vranić, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovakia
* Slavko Žitnik, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia