TADIM@SMC 2023 : Special Session on Theory and Applications of Distributed Intelligent Methods @ SMC 2013
Call For Papers
The Special Session on Theory and Applications of Distributed Intelligent Methods
at the annual IEEE Conference on System, Man, and Cybernetics,
will be held on October 1-4, 2023, at SMC 2023 in Maui, Hawaii, USA.
This special session is concerned with novel approaches to the design, evolution, and optimization of all types of nature-inspired, distributed, and intelligent systems. Currently, in the field of distributed and collective intelligence, specifically evolutionary computation, and swarm intelligence, the research is focused on the performance, efficiency, convergence speed, population of solutions diversity, performance predictions as well as original population models and visualizations for a broad class of different algorithms.
It aims to bring together experts from fundamental research and various application fields to develop and introduce a fusion of techniques, deeper insights into theories, and understanding of the behavior of various algorithms and distributed systems, learning, hyperparameters adaptation, automatic configuration tools, neuro-evolution, and explainability. Such research has become an important part of science and engineering at the theoretical and practical levels. The session will especially welcome submissions dealing with both theoretical and practical issues of real-world systems and their data-driven adaptation, learning, performance predictions, and optimization. The discussion of real-world problem-solving experiences may define new open problems and challenges and introduce novel pathways from theoretical advances to novel applications.
Scope and Topics:
The session will facilitate knowledge exchange, technical discussions, and networking on topics of interest that include, but are not limited to:
- Nature-inspired methods for the design of intelligent and distributed systems.
- Evolution, adaptation, performance predictions, transfer learning, explainability,
visualizations, and optimization of intelligent systems.
- Mining intelligent behaviour from large data collections.
- Evolutionary and swarm-based methods for fine-tuning of system parameters.
- Autoconfiguration of nature-inspired and distributed intelligent systems
- Evolutionary hybrid and multi-paradigm intelligent systems.
- Real-world applications of nature-inspired and distributed intelligent systems.
- Advances in the theory of evolutionary computational methods.
- Evolutionary architectures/methods for neural networks and deep learning.
Paper submission: April 15, 2023
Notification to authors: May 20, 2023
Camera-ready submission: Jul 1, 2023
Author registration: Jul 15, 2023
The online submission system is provided by IEEE SMC 2023: https://conf.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl
In the submission system, find SMC 2023, select the paper category “Special Session Papers” and use this SS's code bqk7u.
Special session organizers:
Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Czech Republic
VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic