TDI 2023 : 1st International Workshop on Trends in Digital Identity
Call For Papers
1st International Workshop on Trends in Digital Identity (TDI 2023)
June 6, 2023 - Trento, Italy
Co-located with the 28th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT 2023).
Identity management is a critical component in the development and deployment of digital services in a variety of fields, including e-commerce, e-government, healthcare, and financial services. With the increased adoption of digital technologies, the demand for reliable identity management solutions is greater than ever. This brings many challenges ranging from technical (such as security and interoperability) to legal and regulatory (such as data protection and privacy). Addressing these challenges requires collaboration among researchers and practitioners from various fields with an interdisciplinary approach. This workshop seeks to foster this collaboration to share knowledge, experiences, and best practices obtained from dealing with the identity management field.
Topics of interest
We aim to explore cutting-edge solutions and approaches to identity management that can help secure digital services against potential security and privacy threats.
We encourage submissions on a range of topics, including but not limited to:
* Access Control in IoT and Distributed Systems
* Behavioral and Risk-based Authentication Mechanisms
* Compliance with Regulations such as eIDAS (2), PSD2, NIS2
* Cryptography for Digital Identity (e.g., hiding commitments, selective disclosure signatures, zero knowledge proofs, accumulators, and secure elements)
* Decentralized Identity and Self Sovereign Identity
* Digital Wallets and Verifiable Credentials (e.g., selective disclosure and revocation)
* Identification, Onboarding and Know Your Customer (KYC) Procedures
* Identity for Web 3.0 and Metaverse
* Identity Governance and Administration
* Identity of Things and Cloud Security
* Mobile and Strong Authentication
* Passwordless Authentication (including passkeys)
* Privacy-Enhancing Technologies for Identity Management
* Securing Identities for the Financial and Governmental Services
* Session Management for Seamless and Continuous Authentication
* Trust Frameworks for Identity Management Solutions
* Zero Trust Architectures
We look forward to receiving your submissions and engaging in fruitful and lively discussions on the latest trends and developments in identity management for critical infrastructures and services.
We solicit papers that present innovative ideas, proof of concepts, use cases, challenges and results from a variety of topics relevant to the secure and reliable identity management solutions. As all papers and presentations will be shared online without a formal proceedings, we accept different kinds of submissions: from original contributions to already published or preliminary works.
Papers must be submitted in English and in PDF format, with reasonable margins and formatting. They must not exceed 4 pages and should not be anonymized.
Submissions should be made by the paper submission deadline to the EasyChair conference management system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tdi2023).
Authors of accepted papers will have the option to revise their papers before they are made available online. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper must register for the workshop and is expected to (physically) present it (remote presentations are possible only in exceptional cases, e.g., last minute positive COVID).
* Paper Submission: March 31, 2023 (11:59 pm AOE)
* Notification to Authors: April 12, 2023