SECPID 2023 : 5th Workshop on Security, Privacy, and Identity Management in the Cloud
Call For Papers
This workshop will be held in conjunction with the 18th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2023 – http://www.ares-conference.eu).
Over the last decades, the computing paradigm has experienced a massive shift from local to cloud-based and distributed applications. As a result, users and organizations do no longer have full control over their data and services, but they rely on third-party cloud providers. Furthermore, with the announced advent of large-scale quantum computers, solutions with long-term security have to be developed.
These developments pose various challenges concerning the integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of data and users. Existing obstacles regarding functionality, efficiency, and scalability need to be addressed and resolved.
The aim of this symposium is thus to provide a platform to discuss innovative ideas related but not limited to long-term and quantum-resistant security, privacy-enhancing technologies for highly distributed and federated environments, and secure communication in application areas with specific constraints.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
* Privacy-preserving authentication
* Proxy cryptography
* Information theoretic security
* Secure multi-party computation
* Oblivious transfer protocols
* Secure communication channels
* Secure distributed systems
* Secure outsourced data processing
* Security for federated cloud environments
* Security and privacy in web services and cloud scenarios
* Fault tolerance in distributed systems
* Access control
* Auditing of cloud based systems
* Transparency-enhancing technologies
* Identity management
* Authentication and authorization
* Application areas (smart cities, data markets, critical infrastructure, etc.)
* Integrity and verifiability of outsourced computation
* Submission Deadline May 11, 2023
* Author Notification June 14, 2023
* Proceedings Version June 28, 2023
* ARES EU Symposium August 29, 2023
* ARES Conference August 29 – September 01, 2023
* Sebastian Ramacher, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
* Stephan Krenn, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
This workshop is organized by the HEU project SUNRISE (https://sunrise-europe.eu/) and EU - QCI-CAT.