Metaverse 2023 : 2023 International Conference on Metaverse
Call For Papers
Metaverse 2023 Call for Papers
2023 International Conference on Metaverse (Metaverse 2023, https://www.servicessociety.org/metaverse)
Theme: Immersive Services for Metaverse
Metaverse 2023 program committee invites you to contribute to 2023 edition of Metaverse, to be held on September 23 - 26, 2023.
Services account for a major part of the IT industry today. Companies increasingly like to focus on their core expertise area and use IT services to address all their peripheral needs. Services Computing is a new science which aims to study and better understand the foundations of this highly popular industry. It covers the science and technology of leveraging computing and information technology to model, create, operate, and manage business services. The 2023 International Conference on Services Computing (Metaverse 2023) will contribute in building the pillars of this important science and shaping the future of Services Computing. Part of the SCF 2018, Metaverse 2018 was successfully held on June 25 - June 30, 2018, Seattle, USA. Part of the SCF 2019, Metaverse 2019 was successfully held on June 25 - 30, 2019, San Diego, USA. Part of the SCF 2020 and SCF 2021, Metaverse 2020 and Metaverse 2021 were successfully held over the Internet. In 2023, we will celebrate our 2023 version of gathering, to strive to advance the largest international professional forum on all kinds of user-centric services.
Metaverse 2023 is a member of Services Conference Federation (SCF). SCF 2023 will have the following 10 collocated service-oriented sister conferences: 2023 International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2023), 2023 International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD 2023), 2023 International Conference on Services Computing (Metaverse 2023), 2023 International Conference on Big Data (BigData 2023), 2023 International Conference on AI & Mobile Services (AIMS 2023), and 2023 World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2023), 2023 International Conference on Internet of Things (ICIOT 2023), 2023 International Conference on Cognitive Computing (ICCC 2023), 2023 International Conference on Edge Computing (EDGE 2023), and 2023 International Conference on Blockchain (ICBC 2023).
METAVERSE 2023 hopes to attract researchers, practitioners, and industry business leaders in all the following services sectors to help define and shape the modernization strategy and directions of the services industry. You are invited to submit research, engineering, experience reports, case studies, empirical, evaluation and business innovation papers on the following topics.
Metaverse Architectures and Realizations
- User Interactions in Metaverse
- Business Scenarios in Metaverse
- Services Store in Metaverse
- Service Components in Metaverse
- Infrastructure in Metaverse
- Integration in Metaverse
- Data and Intelligence in Metaverse
- Security and Privacy in Metaverse
- Quality of Services in Metaverse
- Governance in Metaverse
Metaverse Applications for Vertical Services Industry and Domain Solutions
- Metaverse Applications for Advertising Services
- Metaverse Applications for Banking Services
- Metaverse Applications for Broadcasting & Cable TV Services
- Metaverse Applications for Business Management Services
- Metaverse Applications for Casinos & Gaming Services
- Metaverse Applications for Communications Services
- Metaverse Applications for Cross-industry Services (e.g. strategy and planning, supply chain management, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, marketing services)
- Metaverse Applications for Design Automation Services
- Metaverse Applications for Energy and Utilities Services
- Metaverse Applications for Financial Services
- Metaverse Applications for Government Services
- Metaverse Applications for Healthcare Services
- Metaverse Applications for Hotels & Motels Services
- Metaverse Applications for Insurance Services
- Metaverse Applications for Internet Services
- Metaverse Applications for Motion Pictures Services
- Metaverse Applications for Personal Services
- Metaverse Applications for Printing & Publishing Services
- Metaverse Applications for Real Estate Operations Services
- Metaverse Applications for Recreational Activities Services
- Metaverse Applications for Rental & Leasing Services
- Metaverse Applications for Restaurants Services
- Metaverse Applications for Retail Services (Apparel, Catalog & Mail Order, Department & Discount, Drugs, Grocery, Home Improvement, Specialty, Technology)
- Metaverse Applications for Schools and Education Services
- Metaverse Applications for Security Systems & Services
- Metaverse Applications for Technology Services
- Metaverse Applications for Travel and Transportation Services
- Metaverse Applications for Waste Management Services
- Metaverse Applications for Wholesale Distribution Services
- Metaverse Applications for Human Resource Services
- Metaverse Applications for Supply Chain Services
- Metaverse Applications for Enterprise Architecture Services
Papers that relate to metaverse architectural building blocks and applications are particularly encouraged.
The technical program of Metaverse 2023 will include a research track, a application track, and a short paper track. The Metaverse 2023 will highlight foundational work that strives to push beyond the limits of existing business services platforms and products, including experimental efforts, innovative systems and investigations that identify weaknesses in the existing services computing technology.
The Metaverse 2023 seeks original, UNPUBLISHED research papers reporting substantive new work in various aspects of services innovation lifecycle management. Submissions MUST clearly indicate their contributions to the field of services computing and properly cite related work in the field, such as those published in the proceedings of BigData, ICWS, Metaverse, CLOUD, SERVICES, APMetaverse, ECOWS, and related journals including JWSR, STSC and IJBPIM.
Submitted Research Track and Application Track manuscripts will be limited to 15 (LNCS Proceedings style) pages and REQUIRED to be formatted using the LNCS Proceedings template (WORD, Latex). Submitted Short Paper track manuscripts will be limited to 8 (LNCS Proceedings style) pages. The authors can extend a maximum of 2 pages for each paper but will have to pay extra fees for each extra page. Unformatted papers and papers beyond the maximum page limit may not be reviewed.
The Proceedings of Metaverse 2023 will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) by Springer International Publishing AG. Currently the Abstracting and Indexing services covered by Springer's data feeds for LNCS proceedings include ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (included in Web of Science), Engineering Index EI (Compendex and Inspec databases), DBLP, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus, and ZBlMath. For all 10 collocated conferences of SCF 2023, the content of this proceedings volume will be made freely accessible to anyone in the Springer's digital library after four years upon publication.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register to the conference and present the paper. One Best Paper award and one Best Student Paper award will be granted at Metaverse 2023. The first author of the best student paper must be a full-time student. The Best Paper Awards will be sponsored by Springer, which is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
Manuscripts submitted to the Research Track focusing on application or solution descriptions may be recommended to the Application Track or other tracks for further consideration if the session slots are available.
Author Guidelines and Templates
SCF 2023 Guidelines & copyright forms
Guidelines for proceedings authors (pdf)
LNCS Copyright Form (pdf, 61kb)
SCF 2023 Templates, sample files & useful links
LaTeX2e Proceedings Templates (zip)
Microsoft Word Proceedings Templates (zip)
Microsoft Word 2003 Proceedings Templates (zip, 229kb)
Your ORCID identifier
Early-birds paper submission due: May 14, 2023
Review comments to Early-birds paper submission: June 14, 2023
Regular paper submission due: July 10, 2023
Review comments to Regular paper submission: July 25, 2023
Camera ready manuscripts due: August 1, 2023
Conference dates: September 23 - 26, 2023
METAVERSE 2023 Application and Industry Track
METAVERSE 2023 Research Track
METAVERSE 2023 Short Paper Track
SCF Policy and professional ethics require that referees treat the contents of papers under review as privileged information not to be disclosed to others before publication. It is expected that no one with access to a paper under review will make any inappropriate use of the special knowledge, which that access provides. Contents of abstracts submitted to conference program committees should be regarded as privileged as well, and handled in the same manner. The Conference Publications Chair shall ensure that referees adhere to this practice.
Organizers of SCF conferences are expected to provide an appropriate forum for the oral presentation and discussion of all accepted papers. An author, in offering a paper for presentation at a SCF conference, or accepting an invitation to present a paper, is expected to be present at the meeting to deliver the paper. In the event that circumstances unknown at the time of submission of a paper preclude its presentation by an author, the program chair should be informed on time, and appropriate substitute arrangements should be made. In some cases it may help reduce no-shows for the Conference to require advance registration together with the submission of the final manuscript.
About the Services Society
The Services Society (S2) is a non-profit professional organization that has been created to promote worldwide research and technical collaboration in services innovations among academia and industrial professionals. Its members are volunteers from industry and academia with common interests. S2 is registered in the USA as a "501(c) organization", which means that it is an American tax-exempt nonprofit organization. S2 collaborates with other professional organizations to sponsor or co-sponsor conferences and to promote an effective services curriculum in colleges and universities. The S2 initiates and promotes a "Services University" program worldwide to bridge the gap between industrial needs and university instruction. The Services Society has formed 10 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to support technology and domain specific professional activities.
SCF As A Platform
As the founding member of the Services Conference Federation (SCF), the first International Conference on Web Services (ICWS) was held in June 2003 in Las Vegas, USA. Meanwhile, the First International Conference on Web Services - Europe 2003 (ICWS-Europe'03) was held in Germany in Oct, 2003. ICWS-Europe'03 is an extended event of the 2003 International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2003) in Europe. In 2004, ICWS-Europe was changed to the European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS), which was held at Erfurt, Germany. SCF 2019 was held successfully in San Diego, USA. In 2020 and 2021, SCF were held as a fully virtual conference affected by the world-wide corona virus emergency. To celebrate its 20-year-old birthday, SCF 2023 will be held on September 10 - 14, 2023.
The past 20 years, ICWS community has been expanded from Web engineering innovations to scientific research for the whole services industry. The service delivery platforms have been expanded to mobile platforms, Internet of Things, cloud computing, and edge computing. The services ecosystem is gradually enabled, value added, and intelligence embedded through enabling technologies such as big data, artificial intelligence, and cognitive computing. In the coming years, all the transactions with multiple parties involved will be transformed to blockchain.
Based on the technology trends and best practices in the field, the Services Conference Federation (SCF) will continue serving as the conference umbrella's code name for all services-related conferences. SCF 2023 defines the future of New ABCDE (AI, Blockchain, Cloud, BigData & IOT) and Digital Transformation. We are very proud to announce that SCF 2023's 10 co-located theme topic conferences will all center around "services", while each focusing on exploring different themes (web-based services, cloud-based services, Big Data-based services, services innovation lifecycle, AI-driven ubiquitous services, blockchain driven trust service-ecosystems, industry-specific services and applications, and emerging service-oriented technologies).
SCF 2023 Highlights:
- Bigger Platform: The 10 collocated conferences (SCF 2023) get sponsorship from the Services Society which is the world-leading not-for-profits organization (501 c(3)) dedicated for serving more than 30,000 worldwide Services Computing researchers and practitioners. Bigger platform means bigger opportunities to all volunteers, authors and participants. Meanwhile, Springer provides sponsorship to best paper awards and other professional activities. All the 10 conference proceedings of SCF 2023 will be published by Springer and indexed in ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (included in Web of Science), Engineering Index EI (Compendex and Inspec databases), DBLP, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus, and ZBlMath.
- Brighter Future: While celebrating 2023 version of ICWS, SCF 2023 highlights the 5th International Conference on Blockchain (ICBC 2023) to build the fundamental infrastructure for enabling secure and trusted services ecosystems. It will also lead our community members to create their own brighter future.
- Better Model: SCF 2023 will continue to leverage the invented Conference Blockchain Model (CBM) to innovate the organizing practices for all the 10 theme conferences. Senior researchers in the field are welcome to submit proposals to serve as CBM Ambassador for an individual conference to start better interactions during your leadership practices for organizing SCF 2023.
Look forward to your great contributions as a volunteer, author, and conference participant for the fast-growing worldwide services innovations community. If you would like to contribute to SCF 2023 as a leading volunteer or try the new Conference Blockchain Model. For other queries or questions, please feel free to visit our conference web sites and find contact information on SCF 2023.
See you all on September 23 - 26, 2023.
If you have any questions or queries on Metaverse 2023, please send email to Metaverse AT ServicesSociety DOT org.
The Services Society Community Membership Program has been created to enhance its member's career as a services innovation professional.
Please join the Services Society - Global Services Computing Community as a member at https://community.ServicesSociety.org for FREE. You can get access to the online community portal that supports community members to post messages, ask questions, answer questions, access online presentations by SCF 365 and conduct discussions, gain reputation scores, and grow membership grades (Member, Senior Member, Distinguished Member, Fellow, and Member of National Academy of Services (NASV)). Services Token Framework (Digital Currency) has been created for awarding Global Services Computing Community members for proactively participating in SCF as an organizing committee member, an author, a program committee member, a reviewer, a presenter, a conference participant, and a session chair as well as interacting with online community members through knowledge sharing. The Services Token can be used to redeem conference registration fees for SCF 2023. The goal of Services Society (S2) is to foster Building the Modern Services Industry through Services Computing technologies and business innovations.