SemDial 2023 : The 27th Workshop on the Semantics and Pragmatics of Dialogue
Call For Papers
* Apologies for cross-posting *
Call for papers: SemDial 2023
Submissions date: June 16th, 2023
Submissions website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=semdial2023marilogue
# CALL FOR PAPERS
SemDial 2023 -- MariLogue
The 27th Workshop on the Semantics and Pragmatics of Dialogue
16--17 August, University of Maribor, Slovenia
MariLogue will be the 27th edition of the SemDial workshop series, which aims to bring together researchers working on the semantics and pragmatics of dialogue in fields such as formal semantics and pragmatics, computational linguistics, artificial intelligence, philosophy, psychology, and neuroscience.
We welcome submissions with formal, computational and empirical approaches to the semantics and pragmatics of dialogue, including, but not limited to:
* the dynamics of agents' information states in dialogue
* common ground/mutual belief
* goals, intentions and commitments in communication
* turn-taking and interaction control
* semantic/pragmatic interpretation in dialogue
* dialogue and discourse structure
* categorisation of dialogue phenomena in corpora
* child-adult interaction
* language learning through dialogue
* gesture, gaze, and intonational meaning in communication
* multimodal dialogue
* interpretation and reasoning in spoken dialogue systems
* dialogue management
* designing and evaluating dialogue systems
* modelling miscommunication, disfluency and repair
* dialogue/interaction studies from a psychological perspective
* neuroscience of dialogue
* Interactivist approaches to dialogue
* animal communication
# SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Long papers: Authors should submit an anonymous paper of at most 8 pages of content (up to 2 additional pages are allowed for references).
Short papers: Authors should submit a non-anonymized paper of at most 2 pages of content (up to 1 additional page allowed for references). Submission to this track can be non-archival on request.
Submissions should be pdf files and use the LaTeX (https://2023.aclweb.org/downloads/acl2023.zip) or Word (https://2023.aclweb.org/downloads/acl2023.docx) templates provided for ACL 2023 submissions. The LaTeX template is readily available on Overleaf (https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/acl-2023-proceedings-template/qjdgcrdwcnwp).
Concurrent submission policy: Papers that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications must provide this information, using a footnote on the title page of the submissions. SemDial 2023 cannot accept work for publication or presentation that will be (or has been) published elsewhere.
Submission is electronic, using the EasyChair conference management system at our Easychair submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=semdial2023marilogue).
# IMPORTANT DATES:
Note: All deadlines are 11:59PM UTC-12:00 ("anywhere on Earth").
* Long paper submissions due: June 16th, 2023
* Notification: July 14th, 2023
* Short paper submissions due: July 21st, 2023
* Final versions due: August 4th, 2023
* Registration Deadline for presenters/refund deadline: August 4th, 2023
* MariLogue Conference: August 16th--17th, 2023