SocialSec 2023 : The 9th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data
Call For Papers
The 9th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2023) seeks submissions from academia, industry, and government presenting novel research on all theoretical and practical aspects of security and privacy in Social Networks and Big Data. The aim of the symposium is to provide a leading-edge forum to foster interactions between researchers and developers with the security and privacy communities in Social Networks and Big Data and to give attendees an opportunity to interact with experts in academia, industry, and governments. Papers describing case studies, implementation experiences, and lessons learned are also encouraged. Authors of each accepted paper must ensure that at least one author registers for the conference, and that their paper is presented either through an online meeting or in-person at the conference.
Since the first SocialSec was held in Hangzhou, China 2015, SocialSec has been successfully held every year: SocialSec 2016 in Fiji, SocialSec 2017 in Melbourne, Australia, SocialSec 2018 in Santa Clara, CA, USA, SocialSec 2019 in Copenhagen, Denmark, SocialSec 2020 in Tianjin, China, SocialSec 2021 in Fuzhou, SocialSec 2022 in Xi'an, China. The SocialSec 2023 symposium will be held in Canterbury, Kent, UK, co-located with the 17th International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2023).
For more information, please check: https://nss-socialsec2023.cyber.kent.ac.uk/index.php
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Attacks in/via social networks
- Information control and detection
- Malicious behavior modeling in social networks
- Malicious information propagation via social networks
- Phishing problems in social networks
- Privacy protection in social networks
- Big data analytics for threats and attacks prediction
- Spam problems in social networks
- Trust and reputations in social networks
- Big data outsourcing
- Big data forensics
- Security and privacy in big database
- Applied cryptography for big data
- Big data system security
- Mobile social networks security
- Security and privacy in cloud
- Forensics in social networks and big data
- Privacy and Security in AI
- AI for Privacy and Security
- Security of blockchain
- Privacy and Security in Cooperative AI
== Important Dates
All dates are AoE (Anywhere on Earth).
Paper submission: April 5, 2023
Notification to authors: May 5, 2023
Camera-ready version: June 26, 2023
== Paper Submission Information
Authors are invited to submit original papers: they must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in parallel to any other conferences that have proceedings or any journal. The submission must be anonymous, with no author names, affiliations, acknowledgments, or obvious references. Original contributions should be prepared in English and structured in accordance with the Springer LNCS requirements. Author instructions, style files, and the copyright form are all available for download here (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines). In this format, papers can be up to 16 pages long (single column), excluding well-marked appendices and bibliography, and up to 20 pages in total. Submissions not meeting the submission guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits.
We will publish our proceedings with Springer as a volume of the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series or of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) (to be confirmed).
Papers must be submitted via EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=socialsec2023 by the deadline specified above.
== NSS-SocialSec General Chairs:
- Budi Arief, University of Kent, UK
- Elena Ferrari, University of Insubria, Singapore
- Robert H. Deng, Singapore Xi'an University of Posts & Telecommunications, China
== Program Co-Chairs:
- Anna Monreale, University of Pisa, Italy
- Michael Sirivianos, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Budi Arief, University of Kent, UK
For more information please check: https://nss-socialsec2023.cyber.kent.ac.uk/index.php