NTIRE 2023 : CVPR 2023 New Trends in Image Restoration and Enhancement workshop and challenges
Call For Papers
NTIRE: 8th New Trends in Image Restoration and Enhancement workshop and challenges 2023
In conjunction with CVPR 2023
Contact: radu.timofte [at] uni-wuerzburg.de
Image restoration, enhancement and manipulation are key computer vision tasks, aiming at the restoration of degraded image content, the filling in of missing information, or the needed transformation and/or manipulation to achieve a desired target (with respect to perceptual quality, contents, or performance of apps working on such images). Recent years have witnessed an increased interest from the vision and graphics communities in these fundamental topics of research. Not only has there been a constantly growing flow of related papers, but also substantial progress has been achieved.
Each step forward eases the use of images by people or computers for the fulfillment of further tasks, as image restoration, enhancement and manipulation serves as an important frontend. Not surprisingly then, there is an ever growing range of applications in fields such as surveillance, the automotive industry, electronics, remote sensing, or medical image analysis etc. The emergence and ubiquitous use of mobile and wearable devices offer another fertile ground for additional applications and faster methods.
This workshop aims to provide an overview of the new trends and advances in those areas. Moreover, it will offer an opportunity for academic and industrial attendees to interact and explore collaborations.
This workshop builds upon the success of the previous NTIRE editions: at CVPR 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 and at ACCV 2016. Moreover, it relies on all the people associated with the CLIC 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, PIRM 2018, AIM 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, MAI 2021, 2022 events such as organizers, PC members, distinguished speakers, authors of published paper, challenge participants and winning teams.
Papers addressing topics related to image restoration, enhancement and manipulation are invited. The topics include, but are not limited to:
● Image/video inpainting
● Image/video deblurring
● Image/video denoising
● Image/video upsampling and super-resolution
● Image/video filtering
● Image/video de-hazing, de-raining, de-snowing, etc.
● Image/video compression
● Removal of artifacts, shadows, glare and reflections, etc.
● Image/video enhancement: brightening, color adjustment, sharpening, etc.
● Style transfer
● Hyperspectral image restoration, enhancement, manipulation
● Underwater image restoration, enhancement, manipulation
● Light field image restoration, enhancement, manipulation
● Methods robust to changing weather conditions / adverse outdoor conditions
● Image/video restoration, enhancement, manipulation on constrained settings/mobile devices
● Visual domain translation
● Multimodal translation
● Perceptual enhancement
● Perceptual manipulation
● Depth estimation
● Image/video generation and hallucination
● Image/video quality assessment
● Image/video semantic segmentation
● Saliency and gaze estimation
● Studies and applications of the above.
A paper submission has to be in English, in pdf format, and at most 8 pages (excluding references) in CVPR style.
Author Kit: https://media.icml.cc/Conferences/CVPR2023/cvpr2023-author_kit-v1_1-1.zip
Submission site: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/NTIRE2023
The review process is double blind.
Accepted and presented papers will be published after the conference in the CVPR Workshops Proceedings on by IEEE (http://www.ieee.org) and Computer Vision Foundation (https://openaccess.thecvf.com/menu).
● Regular Papers submission deadline: March 10, 2023 (EXTENDED)
● Challenge Papers submission deadline: March 31, 2023 (EXTENDED)
● Papers reviewed elsewhere submission deadline: April 5, 2023 (EXTENDED)
● Decisions: April 8, 2023
● Camera Ready Deadline: April 13, 2023
NTIRE 2023 has the following associated challenges (ONGOING!):
● HR Non-Homogeneous Dehazing
● Night Photography Rendering
● Real-Time Super-Resolution
● Bokeh Effect Transformation
● 360° Omnidirectional Super-Resolution
● Light Field Super-Resolution
● Stereo Super-Resolution
● Quality Assessment for Video Enhancement
● Shadow Removal
● HR Depth Estimation
To learn more about the challenges and to participate:
● Release of train data: January 30, 2023
● Validation server online: January 30, 2023
● Competitions end: March 20, 2023 (EXTENDED)
Email: radu.timofte [at] uni-wuerzburg.de