SGNC 2022 : Computers journal Special Issue: Green Networking and Computing 2022
Call For Papers
Computers journal "Special Issue on Green Networking and Computing 2022"
Submission deadline: March 1, 2023
Special Issue web link: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/computers/special_issues/SGNC_2022
Indexing and archiving: Web of Science (ESCI), Scopus, Inspec, CNKI, Bibcnrs, DBLP, NLM, DOAJ, EBSCO, DOAJ, Gale, OpenAIRE, ProQuest, SafetyLit, PATENT SCOPE Google Scholar, Scilit, WorldCat, etc.
Aims and Scope:
The topic of “green networking and computing” is attracting attention for economic, energetic, and environmental reasons. The rapidly increasing amount of power consumed by Information and Communication Technology (ICT), as well as the energy bills of service providers, are the main economic reasons for improving ICT energy efficiency through the implementation of green networking and computing paradigm. According to a number of studies, ICT alone is responsible for between 2% and 10% of the world’s power consumption due to the ever-increasing diffusion of electronic devices. Communication networks, including the Internet and wireless networks, represent a non-negligible part of ICT energy consumption. In addition, the carbon footprint of ICT devices caused by their energy consumption and the activities related to their entire lifecycle contributes to global warming.
In recent years, energy-saving techniques using new-generation devices and network management approaches exploiting algorithms and protocols for adapting the network to varying traffic loads have been considered for communication networks. The Special Issue on “Green Networking and Computing” aims to serve as a platform for researchers and visionaries from academia, research labs, and industry from all over the world. Sharing ideas, views, results, and experiences in the field of green wired and wireless networking is the intention of this Special Issue. Anything from theoretical and experimental achievements to innovative design and management approaches, prototyping efforts, and case studies are within the scope of this Special Issue.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
• Implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) for improving the energy efficiency of communication networks and systems;
• Power consumption models of networking infrastructure;
• Power measurements and data from empirical studies of communication networks;
• Techniques for reducing power consumption in data centers;
• Hardware and architectural support for reducing power consumption;
• Energy-efficient network management and internet of things (IoT);
• Green network design and energy-efficient smart grids;
• Applications of green networking technologies and principles;
• Cross-layer optimization for reducing energy consumption;
• Optimization of energy consumption in optical networks;
• Energy-efficient protocols and transmission techniques;
• Energy-efficient fog and edge computing;
• Energy-efficient peer-to-peer networking and overlays;
• Energy-efficient cloud computing and network function virtualization;
• Green wireless access networks;
• Green wired access networks;
• Green future Internet and software-defined networking;
• Energy cost models for network operators;
• Energy-efficient sensor networks;
• Renewable energy sources for wired and wireless access networks;
• Antenna design and transmission technologies for reducing energy consumption;
• Green communication technologies for smart cities;
• Energy-efficient vehicles and industrial communications;
• Energy-efficient critical communications;
• Green mobile applications;
• Green cognitive radio networks.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging into the website:
Once you are registered, authors should go to the “Submit manuscript“ submission form and select „Computers“ journal and for the Research Topics select “Green Networking ad Computing 2022- Special issue”.
Manuscript preparation and publication
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for the submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page:
Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited.
Computers is an international peer-reviewed open-access monthly journal published by MDPI. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open-access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
Special issue guest editor
Dr. Josip Lorincz, Faculty of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and naval architecture (FESB), University of Split, Croatia