PROLE 2023 : XXII Jornadas sobre Programación y Lenguajes
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Programming and Languages Conference (PROLE acronym from “PROgramación y LEnguajes”) constitutes a meeting point of debate and dissemination of ideas for Spanish research groups interested in issues related to programming and its languages. This event aims to promote the exchange of experiences and results, as well as communication and cooperation between these groups. The XXII edition of this Conference (PROLE 2023) will be held in Ciudad Real from September 12 to 14, within the umbrella of the SISTEDES 2023 Conference organized by the University of Castilla la Mancha (UCLM).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
PROLE welcomes both theoretical and practical works, which may be related to the specification, design, implementation, analysis and verification of programs and programming languages, including the use of formal methods in the development processes of software. In this context are especially relevant works addressing the development of applications with existing software tools and systems, as well as demonstrations of tools. The non-exhaustive list of related topics includes:
* Programming paradigms (concurrent, functional, imperative, logical, etc.). Integration of programming paradigms.
* Specification and specification languages. type systems. Languages and techniques for new programming models (quantum computing and DNA, genetic programming, etc.).
* Architectures, tools and techniques to support the development and interconnection of programs (modularity, generic programming, markup languages, WWW, etc.).
* Techniques and tools for the implementation of programming languages. Evaluation of implementation techniques.
* Semantics of programming languages.
* Program analysis. Program verification and certification. Transformation and optimization of programs. Debugging and testing programs. Program termination.
* Logic for software design and development.
* Formal methods in software development processes. Application of formal methods in industry. Study cases.
* Development of applications with existing languages and tools.
Submission deadline: 25/04/2023
Author notification: 06/06/2023
Camera ready submission: 20/06/2023
Early registration: 30/06/2023
Conference: September 12-14, 2023
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Contributions are requested, written in Spanish or English, in one of the following categories:
1) Original works: not published or under review in journals, conferences with formal proceedings, etc.
3) Demonstrations of software tools and systems. A URL must be provided where the tool is available.
4) Emerging or work in progress.
5) Works published in relevant journals or conference proceedings during the 2022 or 2023, or works accepted but pending publication (it is sufficient to have the initial electronic version).
The works of categories 1-4 must follow the LNCS instructions and format detailed in https://github.com/sistedes/sistedes.cls. The length of these works should be 4-15 pages; that is, an abstract can be sent instead of a full paper.
The works of category 5 will be initially sent in the original format and extension of the publication. In the submission form, the author must include in the summary section the name of the conference/journal where the work has been published and the year of publication. After the acceptance, the authors have to submit an abstract using the templates detailed in https://github.com/sistedes/sistedes.cls.
All contributions will be sent through the EasyChair system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=prole2023
REVIEW PROCESS AND PUBLICATION
The contributions of categories 1-4 will be reviewed by at least 3 reviewers. The works of category 5 will be only checked their adequacy to the topics of interest of the PROLE Conference.
The works that are finally accepted will be published in the proceedings of the PROLE 2023 Conference, within the digital library of SISTEDES (https://biblioteca.sistedes.es).
For category 5 works, the authors will be requested an abstract in LNCS format indicating that it is a work already published with the reference to the original publication.
Among the papers presented in all categories, a selection will be made for a special issue of the Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming (JLAMP) published by Elsevier (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of -logical-and-algebraic-methods-in-programming).
PC Chair: Laura Panizo (Universidad de Málaga)
* Jesús Almendros (Universidad de Almería)
* Joaquín Arias (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos)
* Clara Benac (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
* María Luisa Bonet (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
* Pedro Cabalar (Universidad de la Coruña)
* María Emilia Cambronero (Universidad de Castilla la Mancha)
* Manuel Carro (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
* Francisco Durán (Universidad de Málaga)
* Santiago Escobar (Universitat Politècnica de Valencia)
* Marco Feliú (National Institute of Aerospace, EEUU)
* María del Mar Gallardo (Universidad de Málaga)
* Montserrat Hermo (Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea)
* Pascual Julián Iranzo (Universidad de Castilla la Mancha)
* Alberto Lluch Lafuente (Technical University of Denmark, Dinamarca)
* Salvador Lucas (Universitat Politècnica de Valencia)
* Narciso Martí-Oliet (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
* Ginés Moreno (Universidad de Castilla la Mancha)
* Fernando Orejas (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
* Ricardo Peña (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
* Elvira Pino (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
* Adrián Riesco (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
* Julia Sapiña (Universitat Politècnica de Valencia)
* Josep Silva (Universitat Politècnica de Valencia)
* Alicia Villanueva (Universitat Politècnica de Valencia)
Pascual Julián Iranzo (Universidad de Castilla la Mancha)
Pablo Velasco Crespo (Universidad de Castilla la Mancha)
Francisco Luque Schempp (Universidad de Málaga)