MedComNet 2023 : 2023 21th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference (MedComNet)
Call For Papers
MedComNet 2023 continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful locations on the shores of the Mediterranean. This year's edition will take place from the 13th to the 15th of June on the island of Ponza, Italy.
MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking.
All aspects of the networking research area are welcome.
MedComNet will request the technical co-sponsorhip of IEEE. Extended versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be considered, by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in the Elsevier Computer Networks journal.
The best paper in the conference will be awarded the Mario Gerla Best Paper Award.
Topics include but are not limited to:
Networking for future applications:
- Internet of Things / Cyber-physical systems
- Vehicular networks
- Localization and location-based services
- Networking for the metaverse
- Edge, fog and cloud computing
- Distributed Ledger Technologies
Networks at large:
- Beyond 5G networks
- Edge AI, Networking for AI
- Network security and privacy
- Routing and multicast
- Energy efficiency in networks
- Mobile sensing and mobility management
- Network economics and pricing
- Network management
- Network measurement and analysis
Physical and MAC layers:
- mmWave, THz, VLC networking
- MIMO-based networking
- Dynamic spectrum sharing
- Interference management and mitigation
- Optical networks
- Satellite networks
- Software-defined Radios
- Open RAN
Tools and techniques for advanced networking:
- Network coding for 5G
- Machine Learning and AI for networks
- Software-defined networking
- Network virtualization