IMW 2023 : CVPR 2023 Workshop on Image Matching: Local Features and Beyond
Call For Papers
Workshop website: https://image-matching-workshop.github.io
Challenge website: https://www.cs.ubc.ca/research/image-matching-challenge/
CMT website for paper submission: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/IMW2023
We are happy to announce that the Fifth Workshop on Image Matching: Local Features and Beyond will be held at CVPR 2023 on June 19, 2023 (morning, Pacific Time) in Vancouver, Canada.
Its goal is to encourage and highlight novel strategies for image matching that deviate from and advance traditional formulations, with a focus on large-scale, wide-baseline matching for 3D reconstruction and pose estimation. This can be achieved by applying new technologies to sparse feature matching, or doing away with keypoints and descriptors entirely, such as with dense solutions.
We will also hold the fifth edition of the Image Matching Challenge, co-located with the workshop. Details will be announced in the coming weeks.
Workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
- Formulations of keypoint extraction and matching pipelines with deep networks.
- Application of geometric constraints into the training of deep networks.
- Leveraging additional cues such as semantics and mono-depth estimates.
- Methods addressing adversarial conditions where current methods fail (weather changes, day versus night, etc.).
- Attention mechanisms to match salient image regions.
- Integration of differentiable components into 3D reconstruction frameworks.
- Connecting local descriptors/image matching with global descriptors/image retrieval.
- Matching across different data modalities such as aerial versus ground.
- Large-scale evaluation of classical and modern methods for image matching, by means of our open challenge.
- New perception devices such as event-based cameras.
- Other topics related to image matching, structure from motion, mapping, and re-localization, such as privacy-preserving representations.
We invite paper submissions up to 8 pages, excluding references and acknowledgements. They should use the CVPR template and be submitted to the CMT site. Submissions must contain novel work and will be indexed in IEEE Xplore/CVF. They will receive at least two double-blind reviews.
- Paper submission deadline: March 19, 2023.
- Notification to authors: April 4, 2023.
- Camera-ready deadline: April 6, 2023 (hard deadline on April 8!).
- Workshop date: June 19, 2023, afternoon (exact schedule TBA).
(All dates are at 11:59PM, Pacific Time, unless stated otherwise.)
- Vassileios Balntas, Scape Technologies
- Fabio Bellavia, University of Palermo
- Vincent Lepetit, École des Ponts ParisTech
- Jiri Matas, Czech Technical University in Prague
- Dmytro Mishkin, Czech Technical University in Prague/HOVER Inc.
- Luca Morelli, University of Trento/Bruno Kessler Foundation
- Fabio Remondino, Bruno Kessler Foundation
- Weiwei Sun, University of British Columbia
- Eduard Trulls, Google
- Kwang Moo Yi, University of British Columbia