HealthNLP 2023 : The 6th International Workshop on Health Natural Language Processing
Call For Papers
We cordially invite you to submit your contribution to the 6th International Workshop on Health Natural Language Processing (HealthNLP 2023) that will take place June 10, 2023, in Houston, Texas, United States of America (https://www.healthnlp.info/).
In the past few decades, we have seen exponential growth in clinical narratives and biomedical articles. As a result, the natural language process (NLP) specialized in biomedicine, which can unlock information from text, receives great attention in the biomedical and clinical domains. Many NLP methods and systems have been developed and have shown promising results in various information extraction, information retrieval, and knowledge discovery tasks. These methods and tools have also been successfully applied to facilitate biomedicine research and support healthcare applications. At the same time, the availability and use of health information online have exploded through the use of social media, question-answering and community discussion forums, health-related websites, and biomedical articles. These present additional challenges and opportunities for further development of new methodologies and applications.
This workshop aims to provide a unique, interdisciplinary, and high-quality platform to bring together researchers and practitioners in healthcare informatics working with health-related free text, and facilitate close interaction among students, scholars, and industry professionals on health NLP challenges.
Topics of interest
* NLP methods: any original methodological research, including but not limited to the following areas: language models and learning architectures (e.g., transformers), deep learning, named entity recognition, word sense disambiguation, relation extraction, syntactic parsing, semantic role labeling, topic modeling, discourse analysis, question answering, and other topics related to health NLP.
* NLP software tools: any general or specific NLP tools for health data such as clinical notes, social media, and biomedical literature.
* NLP applications: uses of NLP for clinical research or operation, examples including pharmacovigilance, clinical decision support, phenotyping, predictive modeling, risk prediction, and social media mining.
* Deadline for all submissions: March 10th, 2023
* Notification of decisions: March 23rd, 2023
* Deadline for camera-ready papers: March 30th, 2023
* Workshop date: June 10th, 2023
Call for Submissions
HealthNLP will accept both regular papers (4-8 pages, including references) and abstracts (2 pages, including references). Regular papers will describe mature ideas, where a substantial amount of implementation, experimentation, or data collection and analysis has been completed. Abstracts will describe innovative ideas, where preliminary implementation and validation work have been conducted.
Submissions will be handled electronically through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=healthnlp2023). Papers must adhere to the IEEE Proceedings Format (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html) and be submitted as a single PDF file. Before a submission is sent to the reviewers, the program chairs will perform an assessment to determine the best fit for the submission.
HealthNLP uses a single-blind two-layer peer-reviewing process. The program chairs will make the final decision based on at least two reviews by program committee members. All accepted submissions will be presented at the workshop and published in the IEEE ICHI 2023 Proceedings (archived in IEEE Xplore Digital Library).
Yifan Peng, Cornell University Medical College, US
Halil Kilicoglu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, US
HealthNLP 2023 Co-Chairs