IWAT 2023 : International Workshop on Accounting and Taxation – IWAT2023
Call For Papers
International Workshop on Accounting and Taxation – IWAT2023
The Center for Research in Business Sciences and Tourism (CICET - FCVC) and ISAG - European Business School (ISAG-EBS) will host on February 17, 2023, the second edition of the International Workshop Accounting and Taxation (IWAT2023). This scientific meeting aims to provide a debate on the current and relevant themes in the accounting and taxation sectors.
The IWAT2023 will make it possible to participate in person and online in the Workshop. Participants are invited to submit articles in two ways: full paper and abstract (extended abstract). All articles and abstracts will be subject to a peer review process. Papers accepted and presented at the workshop will be published as an e-book, which will be made available to participants at the beginning of the event, and after the Workshop, the e-book will be sent to be indexed at Google Schoolar, Proquest, EBSCO, SCOPUS and WoS (Clarivate Analytics).
The articles / abstracts / extended abstracts presented at IWAT2023, will have the opportunity to be selected for publication in a special edition of the European Journal of Applied Business and Management. If invited to publish in this scientific journal, the authors are expected to change the work by at least 50%, including a change of title and abstract. All journal rules and procedures must be complied with and there is no guarantee of publication.
The Proposed Themes considered at the Workshop are the following ones:
• Financial Accounting and Social Accounting
• Accounting past, present, and future
• Financial and CSR/sustainability reporting
• Importance of gender and diversity
• Risks and security of financial and non-financial reporting
• Accounting and business ethics
• Importance of corporate governance
• New challenges for accounting, taxation and information agents
• Accounting information systems
• Digitalization in companies, the Public Sector and accounting
• Accounting and reporting in the Public Sector
• Recent developments in financial and non-financial reporting.
• Financial and non-financial reporting standards
• The role of the auditor
• CSR/sustainability and performance measurement
• CSR and relational “architecture”
• Contemporary issues in Management Accounting
• Practical application of Management Accounting
• Technological advances in Management Accounting
• Effect of legal, economic, social and ethical aspects
• National and international taxation
• Taxation and economic, social and environmental development
• Case studies of country-specific and theme-specific tax programs
• Tax fraud and tax compliance
• Green taxation
• Cultural / institutional sustainability of taxation
• Direct and indirect tax administration
• Taxation and securing revenue for the economy
• Tax benefits
Other areas might be considered and integrated on the Workshop Program. We accept both empirical and theoretical works. Abstracts and extended abstracts should be written in English. Full papers can be written in Portuguese, English and Spanish, but must additionally contain an abstract and title written in English. The sessions will be organized according to the researchers’ linguistic preferences.
Date for submission of abstracts and papers: January 20, 2023
Notification of acceptance of abstracts: until January 27, 2023
Deadline for registration at reduced price: February 1, 2023
Deadline for registration at conference: February 10, 2023
International Workshop: February 17, 2023
For registration on the workshop, online submission and other details, please visit the link below: https://iwat23.isag.pt/
IWAT2023 will enable presential and virtual participation in the Workshop.
Members of the Organizing Committee
Ana Pinto Borges
Bruno Miguel Vieira
Marta Quintas - Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).