ICWE 2023 : ICWE 2023 – CALL FOR TUTORIALS
Call For Papers
ICWE 2023 – CALL FOR TUTORIALS
23rd International Conference on Web Engineering
Alicante, Spain | June 6-9, 2023
Call for Tutorials
ICWE 2023 invites proposals for tutorials in a broad range of Web Engineering topics. Conference participants include researchers and practitioners who are seeking to gain insight and knowledge of up-to-date strategies, methodologies, technologies, and tools used for developing, maintaining, and evolving Web applications. Examples of relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Web application modeling and engineering
- Web mining and knowledge extraction
- Web Big Data and Web data analytics
- Mobile Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Social Web applications
- Web crowdsourcing and human computation
- Semantic Web, Web ontologies, and Linked Open Data applications
- Web composition and mashups
- Web user interfaces
- Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
- Web security and privacy
- Web services, computing, and standards
- Microservice architecture for Web applications
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing for Web applications
- Fairness of Web technology
- User Modeling and Recommender Systems based on Web technology
- Explainable Web technology
All proposed tutorials should be half-day (3 hours) or full-day (6 hours) in length.
The length of tutorial proposals is limited to 4 pages. Proposals must clearly define both the scope and the depth of the tutorial, and they must clearly identify the intended audience, the assumed background knowledge, and learning objectives. All tutorial proposals must include the following information:
- Title of the Tutorial
- Contact information of the presenters (name, affiliation, email, mailing address, phone)
- Abstract outlining the goals and content of the tutorial (max 250 words)
- Definition of the intended audience and assumed background and knowledge
- Overview of the tutorial structure, list of topics covered, and short description of learning objectives/outcomes
- Biographies of the presenter(s), including information regarding their expertise relevant to the tutorial
- Any relevant references to the work of the presenters or other references relevant to the tutorial
- Statement about any previous related tutorial presentations, including information regarding how the ICWE 2023 tutorial would differ
- Sample slides of the tutorial, if available
The tutorial may be canceled if the number of registrations is very low.
Along with a notification of acceptance, presenters will receive further instructions on how to prepare a two-page summary of the tutorial to be included in the conference proceedings, tutorial notes to be made available on the conference website, and brief biographies to be published in the conference program.
Tutorials proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file in the EasyChair system as described in the SUBMISSION INFORMATION section.
- Submission of proposals: 27 January 2023 (23h 59 AoE)
- Notification of proposal acceptance: 12 March 2023 (23h 59 AoE)
- Camera-ready: March 26, 2023
-Antonio Garmendia (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
-William Van Woensel (University of Ottawa, Canada)
All submitted proposals must be formatted in accordance with the information for Springer LNCS authors at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines and submitted in PDF. A two-page summary of the proposal will be included in the ICWE 2023 Springer LNCS proceedings.
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2023).
ICWE 2023 will follow the single-blind review process. Consequently, all submissions should include the names and affiliations of all authors, and this information is made visible to the reviewers. Still, the identity of the reviewers will be kept confidential from the authors.
Submitted proposals must not be under review elsewhere while under consideration for ICWE 2023.
Submissions that do not comply with the required submission format or that fall outside the scope of the conference will be desk rejected without review.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.