Words 2023 : Words
Call For Papers
WORDS is a biannual international conference devoted to combinatorics on words (sequences of symbols) and its links to algorithms, algebra, dynamics and number theory, as well as its applications. Submissions from all these areas are welcome as soon as they mention words or sequences on finite or infinite alphabets.
The conference will be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Developments in Language Theory (DLT 2023) in Umeå, Sweden, one week before Midsummer.
The previous WORDS conferences have taken place in Rouen (1997, 1999, 2021), Palermo (2001), Turku (2003, 2013), Montreal (2005, 2017), Marseille (2007), Salerno (2009), Prague (2011), Kiel (2015), and Loughborough (2019).
Deadline for paper submission: February 19, 2023
Notification: April 1, 2023
Final Version: April 10, 2023
WORDS 2023: June 12-16, 2023
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research. The proceedings will be published in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series. Simultaneous submission to journals or other conferences with published proceedings is not allowed. Submitted papers should not exceed 12 pages excluding bibliography and must follow the LNCS-style LaTeX2e (available at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html).
In order to facilitate the review process, all proofs omitted due to page limitations can be given in an appendix or made accessible through a reliable link to a freely available electronic preprint. Please note that the paper should be self-contained; reviewers are not required to read any additional pages, thus consulting the appendix is up to the reviewer. Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF through the EasyChair system.
Co-chairs of this edition are Anna Frid and Robert Mercaș.
* Giulia Bernardini, Università di Trieste
* Joel Day, Loughborough University
* Ľubomíra Dvořáková, Czech Technical University
* Gabriele Fici ,Università di Palermo
* Pamela Fleischmann, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel
* Anna Frid (co-chair), Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille
* Bryna Kra, Northwestern University
* Florin Manea, University of Göttingen
* Robert Mercaș (co-chair), Loughborough University
* Narad Rampersad, The University of Winnipeg
* Marinella Sciortino, Università di Palermo
* Arseny Shur, Bar-Ilan University
* Manon Stipulanti, University of Liège
* Markus Whiteland, University of Liège