LRL 2023 : The 7th LTC Workshop on Less-Resourced Languages
Call For Papers
The 7th LTC Workshop on Less-Resourced Languages (LRL 2023)
An event at the 10th Language & Technology Conference: Human Language Technologies as a Challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics
April 21-23, 2023, Poznan, Poland
CALL FOR PAPERS
Despite the fast and ever-advancing development of NLP technologies and tools, not all languages benefit from them equally. Most of the state-of-the-art methods and technologies were developed, experienced, and reported for a small number of well-developed and rich-resourced languages, leaving many other, less-resourced languages behind.
The 7th LRL workshops cover areas of research interest in underfunded, less resourced, minority and endangered languages. Since 2009, when this workshop was organized for the first time as a LRLs dedicated workshop, the importance and interest in LRL-specific LT problems have been systematically increasing in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Caucasian countries (colleagues from this region were very active already in LTC19). The appearance at the last LRL workshops of contributions from Central Africa and Oceania proves that there is room for further expansion of the LTC/LRL community.
We intend to strengthen this tendency by proposing the 7th LRL workshop as a forum for the presentation of specific problems faced by the LRL community but also as a platform to present recent achievements on the way from the status of a Low-Resourced-Language to the position of a High-Resourced-Language.
- Deadline for paper submissions: December 28, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: January 12, 2023
- Camera-ready papers: January 20, 2023
- Conference dates: April 21 - 23, 2023
For more details, topics, and paper submission info, please visit the official website of the conference: http://ltc.amu.edu.pl/ .
TOPICS (alphabetic, non-exhaustive list):
* Hybrid Approaches for LRLs;
* Language corpora creation/maintaining technologies for LRLs;
* Language preservation methods and techniques;
* Language policies for endangered and under-resourced languages;
* Machine translation techniques and tools for LRLs;
* Multilingual/cross-lingual natural language processing tools for machine translation;
* Named Entity Recognition and other sequence labeling resources/tools for LRLs;
* Parallel corpora development for LRLs;
* POS-taggers, morphology analysers and other tools for LRLs;
* Processing of speech data for LRLs;
* Protection of linguistic patrimony;
* Rule-based and statistical NLP approaches for LRLs;
* Sentiment analysis, text classification, and summarization methods for LRLs;
* Syntactic, semantic and lexical analysis for Less-Resourced Languages (LRLs).
More detailed information about the workshop: http://ltc.amu.edu.pl/lrl23/
Co-chairs of the LRL2023 workshop