CARMA 2023 : 5th International Conference on Advanced Research Methods and Analytics. Internet and Big Data in Economics and Social Sciences
Call For Papers
Research methods in economics and social sciences are evolving with the increasing availability of Internet and Big Data sources of information. As these sources, methods, and applications become more interdisciplinary, the 5th International Conference on Advanced Research Methods and Analytics (CARMA) is a consolidated forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and advances on how emerging research methods and sources are applied to different fields of social sciences as well as to discuss current and future challenges.
The CARMA 2023 conference will be held on 28 – 30 June 2023. It is an in-person conference held at the Faculty of Sciences in Economics and Business of the University of Seville (US).
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
The program committee encourages the submission of articles discussing challenges related to contemporary issues in Internet and Big Data in economics and social sciences. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Internet and Big Data sources in economics and social sciences
- Google Trends and Search Engine data
- Social media and public opinion mining
- Web scraping
- Geospatial and mobile phone data
- Open data and public data
· Big Data methods in economics and social sciences
- Sentiment analysis
- Internet econometrics
- AI and Machine learning applications
- Statistical learning
- Information quality and assessment
- Natural Language processing
- Explainability and interpretability
· Internet and Big Data applications
- Politics and social media
- Sustainability and development
- Finance applications
- Official statistics
- Forecasting and nowcasting
- Bibliometrics and sciencetometrics
- Social and consumer behaviour, mobility patterns
- eWOM and social media marketing
- Labor market
- Business analytics with social media
- Advances in travel, tourism, and leisure
- Digital management
- Marketing Intelligence analytics
- Data governance
· Digital transition and global society
- Privacy and legal aspects
- Electronic Government
- Data Economy
- Smart Cities
- Industry adoption
All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings with a DOI and ISBN number. They will be published in open access by UPV Press and submitted to be indexed in major international bibliographic databases. The previous edition is already indexed in the Thomson-Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Web of Science Core Collection (former ISI Proceedings).
Authors from all over the world are invited to submit original and unpublished papers or extended abstracts, which are not under review in any other conference or journal. All submissions will be peer reviewed by the program committee based on their originality, significance, methodological soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Submissions must be written in English and should be in PDF format. They must follow the instructions in the template file, available in Microsoft Word format at:
Paper length must be between 4 and 8 pages (A4 size), incorporating all text, references, figures and tables. These guidelines are strict: papers failing to adhere to the guidelines (by being more than 8 pages, altering margins or not following the template) will be rejected without consideration of their merits. Submissions imply the willingness of at least one author to register, attend the conference, and present the paper.
CARMA 2023 is using the OCS platform of UPV Press to manage the submissions. In order to submit your paper, you must first create an OCS account. OCS will provide you with a submissions homepage where you can register your paper submission and make appropriate changes. The submission website is:
The organizing committee looks forward to welcoming you all to a fruitful conference with open discussions and important networking to promote advanced qualitative and quantitative research across all disciplines.