ASAP 2023 : 34th IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors
Conference Series : Application-Specific Systems, Architectures, and Processors
Call For Papers
34th IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors
Porto, Portugal - July 19-21, 2023
The 34th IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures, and Processors (ASAP 2023) is organized by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto in Porto, Portugal, July 19 - July 21, 2023. The history of the ASAP conference traces back to the International Workshop on Systolic Arrays, organized in 1986 in Oxford, UK. It later developed into the International Conference on Application-Specific Array Processors. With its current title, it was organized for the first time in Chicago, USA, in 1996. Since then, it has alternated between Europe and North America.
The conference covers the theory and practice of application-specific systems, architectures, and processors. Further, the conference will build upon traditional strengths in areas such as:
- Accelerator design for complex workloads, e.g., AI, big data, computational genomics, finance, and network processin.
- Application-specific instruction-set processors and architectures
- Approximate computing
- Autonomous computing systems
- Cloud computing accelerators
- Computer arithmetic
- Cryptography and security
- Design methods, tools, and compilers
- Edge computing, wireless, mobile, IoT, and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Embedded systems and domain-specific solutions
- Heterogeneous computing, ranging from embedded to HPC systems and data centers
- Reconfigurable and custom computing (FPGAs, CGRAs, etc.)
- Signal and image processing
- Simulation and prototyping (e.g., validation, performance analysis)
- System quality attributes (energy efficiency, fault tolerance, security, etc.)
- Systems using emerging technologies (e.g., optical computing or communication, 3D devices and interconnects, memristors for storage and logic, in-memory computing)
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research manuscripts on the above topics.
* Abstract submission deadline: Feb 20, 2023
* Paper submission deadline: Feb 27, 2023
* Notification of acceptance: May 2, 2023
* Camera-ready papers: May 29, 2023
Guidelines for Submissions
All papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee, with a double-blind review process.
Manuscripts for full papers should not exceed 8 single-spaced, double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including references, figures, and tables. Manuscripts for short papers should not exceed 4 single-spaced, double-column pages. Manuscripts for posters should not exceed 2 single-spaced, double-column pages.
All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format.
All accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors in order to be included in the proceedings and published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
* General Chair:
João MP Cardoso, University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering / INESC TEC, Portugal
Alexandra Jimborean, University of Murcia, Spain
Nele Mentens, Leiden University, The Netherlands, and KU Leuven, Belgium
* Local Chair
Pedro C. Diniz, University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering / INESC TEC, Portugal
Seda Ogrenci, Northwestern University, USA
Vanderlei Bonato, University of São Paulo, ICMC, Brazil
Gianluca Palermo. Politecnico di Milano, Italy
José G. F. Coutinho, Imperial College London, UK
João Canas Ferreira. University of Porto, Faculty Of Engineering / INESC TEC, Portugal
*Web and Registration Co-Chairs:
Nuno Paulino, University of Porto, Faculty Of Engineering / INESC TEC, Portugal
*Student Volunteers Chair:
João Bispo, University of Porto, Faculty Of Engineering / INESC TEC, Portugal
José T. Sousa, University of Lisbon / INESC-ID, Portugal
José A.B. Fortes, University of Florida, USA
Sun-YuanKung, Princeton University, USA
Wayne Luk, Imperial College London, UK
Michael J. Schulte, AMD Research, USA
Earl Swartzlander, The University of Texas at Austin, USA