ITEQS 2023 : 7th International Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
7th International Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS) 2023
16 April 2023
Co-located with 16th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST) 2023
In Dublin, Ireland.
Web: https://conf.researchr.org/home/icst-2023/iteqs-2023 and http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/ITEQS/2023/
Paper Submission: 5 Feb 2023
Notification: 28 Feb 2023
Camera-Ready: 13 Mar 2023
Workshop: 16 Apr 2023
The rapid development towards increased integration of software with the social and physical world that we see today means that quality aspects such as performance, safety, security, and robustness become more important in an increasing number of the systems and devices, which we use and depend on. In this context, the success of a software product may not only depend on the logical correctness of its functions, but also on the system quality characteristics. Such system characteristics, which are referred to and captured as Extra-Functional Properties (EFPs) or Non-Functional Properties, are particularly important in resource constrained systems such as in the domains of real-time embedded and cyber-physical systems. Therefore, such systems need to be tested with a special attention to the EFPs. Testing EFPs is challenging and often requires different approaches compared to testing normal functionality. ITEQS provides a focused forum with the goal of bringing together researchers and practitioners to share ideas, identify challenges, propose solutions and techniques, and in general expand the state of the art in testing EFPs and quality characteristics of software systems and services. The workshop endorses contributions in a wide range of topics related to testing of EFPs in the form of full papers and short yet solid work-in-progress/position papers.
Note: The workshop does not accept papers that focus purely on functional testing!
- Model-based testing of EFPs; e.g., choice of modeling languages to capture EFPs and their role on testability, model-based test case generation, etc.
- Performance, Robustness, and Security Testing
- Testing of AI and Machine Learning based systems with respect to quality attributes; e.g., such as safety, security, and ethical concerns
- Mutation-based testing for EFPs; e.g., application of mutation techniques for testing of EFPs particularly introduction of EFP-specific mutation operators
- Testing quality in software product lines and variant-intensive system
- Testing quality characteristics of distributed, mobile, and cloud applications
- Search-based testing techniques for EFPs
- Testability, observability, controllability and the role of the platform; e.g., how the choice of operating system can impact testability of EFPs, for instance, a real-time operating system, introducing testability mechanisms into a platform, designing - middlewares for testing of EFPs
- Empirical studies and experience reports; e.g., on the importance of testing EFPs, evaluation of testing methods, case-study and reports on project failures due to EFPs, comparison of methods and techniques
- Quality assurance, standards, and their impact on testing EFPs
- Requirements and testing EFPs; e.g., identification and generation of test oracles for EFPs from requirements, requirements for testability, traceability
- Coverage criteria in testing EFPs
- Processes and their role in testing EFPs; e.g., agile and TDD
- Fault localization for EFPs and debugging
- Formal methods, model-checking, and reasoning about EFPs
- Parallelism, Concurrency, and Testing of multicore applications
- Testing real-time, embedded, and cyber-physical systems, and their challenges
Submission and Formatting
We accept two kinds of submissions addressing the testing of extra-functional properties:
1) full papers: 6-10 pages
2) solid work-in-progress and position papers: 4 pages
in IEEE double-column format.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iteqs2023
Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Digital Library.
- Mehrdad Saadatmand, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Sweden,(mehrdad.saadatmand[at]ri.se)
- Eduard Enoiu, Mälardalen University, Sweden, (eduard.paul.enoiu[at]mdh.se)
- Dragos Truscan, Åbo Akademi University, Finland, (dragos.truscan[at]abo.fi)