BMDA 2023 : 5th International Workshop on Big Mobility Data Analytics
Call For Papers
BMDA 2023 Call for papers
5th International Workshop on Big Mobility Data Analytics (BMDA)
co-located with EDBT/ICDT Conference, 28th March-31st March, 2023 Ioannina, Greece
The conference will run in Hybrid mode, so that participants having travel restrictions will still have the opportunity to attend.
** Selected accepted papers will be considered for a special issue at Springer's Geoinformatica journal **
From spatial to spatio-temporal and, then, to mobility data. So, what’s next? It is the rise of mobility-aware integrated Big Data analytics. The Big Mobility Data Analytics (BMDA) workshop, started in 2018 with EDBT Conference, aims at bringing together experts in the field from academia, industry and research labs to discuss the lessons they have learned over the years, to demonstrate what they have achieved so far, and to plan for the future of mobility.
In its 5th edition, the BMDA workshop will foster the exchange of new ideas on multidisciplinary real-world problems, discuss proposals about innovative solutions, and identify emerging opportunities for further research in the area of big mobility data analytics, such as deep learning on mobility data, edge computing, visual analytics. The workshop intends to bridge the gap between researchers and big mobility data stakeholders, including experts from critical domains, such as urban / maritime / aviation transportation, human complex networks.
Multiple fields of data analytics relate to the objectives of this workshop, including, but not limited to:
- Fundamentals of mobility data analytics
- Big data platforms for mobility data analytics
- Parallel / streaming / edge data processing for mobility analytics
- Predictive analytics using mobility data
- Complex event detection for moving objects
- Visual analytics on big mobility data
- Interactive traffic analysis with GPS data
- Urban / maritime / aviation traffic flow forecasting, travel time prediction
- Integration / interlinking of mobility with societal data
- Geo-social networks
- Social computing / spatial epidemiology and COVID-19 contact tracing
- Philosophical / ethical / privacy issues on mobility data analytics
Paper Submission Procedure, Workshop Proceedings, Journal special section
We invite papers discussing novel research and ideas without substantial overlap with papers that have been published or submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Submitted papers can be of two types:
- Regular Research Papers: these papers should report original research results or significant case studies. They should be 5000-8000 words (at most 8 pages) long.
- Demo Papers: these papers should showcase cutting-edge mobility data analytics software. They should be 2500-4000 words (at most 4 pages) long.
Submissions should be formatted using the EDBT/ICDT 2023 camera-ready template (see the instructions at http://edbticdt2023.cs.uoi.gr/?contents=EDBT_cameraready.html and submitted through the workshop submission system at EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bmda2023
Following the tradition of recent EDBT/ICDT workshops, all workshop papers will be published online at CEUR-ART style.
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by at least three reviewers. If accepted, at least one of the authors must attend the workshop to present the work.
As with the previous BMDA editions, selected accepted papers will be considered for a special issue of Geoinformatica [https://www.springer.com/journal/10707] (pending approval).
- Abstract Submission: December 21st, 2022 (11:59PM PDT)
- Paper Submission: December 28th, 2022 (11:59PM PDT)
- Notification of Acceptance: February 1st 2023
- Camera Ready Paper Due: February 18th 2023
- Workshop date: March 28th 2023
Organization and Support
- Christos Doulkeridis, University of Piraeus, Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org) – primary contact
- Alessandra Raffaetà, Ca' Foscari University of Venice, Italy (email@example.com)
- Esteban Zimányi, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MobiSpaces (New Data Spaces for Green Mobility, 2022-25)
- VesselAI (Enabling Maritime Digitalization by Extreme-scale Analytics, AI and Digital Twins, 2021-23)
- MASTER (Multiple Aspects Trajectory Management and Analysis, 2018-23)