SNMAM 2022 : Social Network and Media Analysis and Mining
Call For Papers
The Social Network and Media Analysis and Mining (SNMAM) is a forum that brings both researchers and practitioners to discuss research trends and techniques related to the analysis and mining of social network and media data. The 7th SNMAM event will be organized as a track of SIMBig 2022 in Lima, Peru, as an interdisciplinary venue for computer scientists, computer engineers, software engineers and application developers who work on networks and web-based methods.
Therefore, SNMAM welcomes experimental and theoretical works on analysis and mining of social network and social media data along with their application to real-world problems. Young scientists and researchers from scientific centers, students and graduates, as well as industrial partners are welcome to participate.
Scope and Topics
* Crowdsourcing of social network and media data generation and collection
* Data preparation and data modeling for social networks and social medias
* Exploratory and visual data analysis of social network and media data
* Identification and discovery of dynamics and evolution patterns of social network and media data based on data mining and machine learning approachess
* Topological and spatio-temporal aspects in social networks and social media
* Large-scale graph, search and time series algorithms on social networks
* Social network analysis and mining tasks: Anomaly and outlier detection, Community discovery, Link and node classification, Link and node prediction, Entity resolution, (Social) Graph construction
* Data mining applications on social network and media data: Recommender systems, Opinion and suggestion mining, Sentiment analysis, Fake news detection, etc.
* Applications of social network and media in business, engineering, scientific, medical and public health domains, terrorism and/or criminology, fraud detection, politics, cyberbullying, and case studies
* Analysis and mining of location-based social networks, urban (social) networks, multilayer social networks and others
* Social media monitoring and analysis
* Ethics, privacy and security in online social networks and social media platforms
* Tools and infrastructures for social networking platforms and web communities
New applications and services arising from big data, social network analysis and social media.
All papers of SNMAM will be published in the proceedings of SIMBig 2022 with Springer CCIS Series. The best papers submitted will be invited to submit an extended and revised version in the Springer SN Computer Science Journal.
Thanks to the support of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), we will offer 4 student travel awards for the best papers.
Visit the main website: https://simbig.org/SIMBig2022/en/snmam.html