EuroGP 2008 : 11th European Conference on Genetic Programming
Conference Series : European Conference on Genetic Programming
Call For Papers
EuroGP is the premier conference in Europe devoted entirely to genetic programming.
We are pleased to announce that EuroGP 2008 will take place next Spring in Naples, Italy.
We invite high quality submissions on all aspects of evolutionary generation of computer
programs featuring new original research. A double-blind review process will be adopted.
The conference will feature a mixture of oral presentations and poster sessions.
The EuroGP conference is always a very enjoyable event offering excellent opportunities
for networking, informal contact, exchange of ideas and discussions with fellow
researchers in a friendly and relaxed setting.
In 2008 it will be held in Naples, Italy, in conjunction with EvoWorkshops 2008, the
specialist workshops on a range of evolutionary computation topics and applications,
EvoCOP 2008 (8th European Conference on Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial
Optimization), and EvoBIO 2008 (6th European Conference on Evolutionary Computation,
Machine Learning and Data Mining in Bioinformatics).
High quality papers are sought on topics strongly related to the evolution of computer
programs, ranging from theoretical work to innovative applications.
Topics include but are not limited to
* Theoretical developments
* Empirical studies of GP performance and behavior
* Algorithms, representations and operators
* Applications of GP to real-life problems
* Hybrid architectures including GP components
* Unconventional evolvable computation
* Evolutionary design
* Evolutionary robotics
* Grammar-based GP
* Evolvable hardware
* Linear GP
* Self-reproducing programs
* Evolution of tree or graph structures
* Evolution of various classes of automata or machines (e.g. cellular automata, finite state machines, pushdown automata, Turing machines)
* Object-oriented genetic programming
Submission deadline: 1 November 2007
Conference: 26-28 March 2008
THE SUBMISSION SITE IS NOW OPEN!
You can find it at the address: http://www.evostar.org/
following the link "EuroGP 2008" and then clicking on
"Submit your paper here", or otherwise by directly
accessing the page: http://evonet.lri.fr/EuroGP08/
* Submissions (in PDF) must be made through the conference management software.
* A paper should be no more than 12 pages in LNCS format.
* Since the review process is double-blind the paper must not contain any references that would identify the authors.
* The submitted material has to be substantially new research which has not been published previously.
* By submitting a paper, the authors agree that, if their paper is accepted, they will prepare a camera-ready version in accordance with the changes requested by the reviewers by the deadline for camera-ready papers. They also agree that at least one author will register for the conference no later than the early registration deadline if their paper is accepted and at least one author will attend the conference and present the paper.
For further details: http://www.evostar.org
Michael O'Neill, University College Dublin, Ireland
Leonardo Vanneschi, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
Steven Gustafson, GE Global Research, USA
Anna Isabel Esparcia Alcazar, Instituto Tecnologico de Informatica, Spain
Local Organising Committee
Ivanoe De Falco, ICAR-CNR, Italy
Antonio Della Cioppa, University of Salerno, Italy
Ernesto Tarantino, ICAR-CNR, Italy
Giuseppe Trautteur, University of Naples Federico II, Italy