BMVC 2022 : The 33rd British Machine Vision Conference
Conference Series : British Machine Vision Conference
Call For Papers
The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) is one of the major international conferences on computer vision and related areas. It is organised by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA). The 33rd BMVC will now be a hybrid event from 21st—24th November 2022. Our local in person meeting will be held at The Kia Oval (Home of Surrey County Cricket Club, https://events.kiaoval.com/).
Authors are invited to submit full-length high-quality papers in image processing, computer vision, machine learning and related areas for BMVC 2022. Submitted papers will be refereed on their originality, presentation, empirical results, and quality of evaluation. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published and DOI-indexed by BMVA. Past proceedings can be found online: here.
BMVC is a single-track meeting with oral and poster presentations. The abstract submission deadline is Friday 22nd July 2022 and the paper submission deadline is Friday 29th July 2022 (both 23:59, GMT). Submission instructions are available on the BMVC 2022 website. Submitted papers should not exceed 9 pages (references are excluded, but appendices are included).
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* 2D object recognition
* 3D computer vision
* 3D object recognition
* Action and behavior recognition
* Adversarial learning, adversarial attack and defense methods
* Biometrics, face, gesture, body pose
* Computational photography
* Datasets and evaluation
* Efficient training and inference methods for networks
* Explainable AI, fairness, accountability, privacy, transparency and ethics in vision
* Image and video retrieval
* Image and video synthesis
* Image classification
* Low-level and physics-based vision
* Machine learning architectures and formulations
* Medical, biological and cell microscopy
* Motion and tracking
* Optimization and learning methods
* Pose estimation
* Representation learning
* Scene analysis and understanding
* Transfer, low-shot, semi- and un- supervised learning
* Video analysis and understanding
* Vision + language, vision + other modalities
* Vision applications and systems, vision for robotics and autonomous vehicles
* “Brave new ideas”
Papers submitted under the “Brave new ideas” subject area are expected to move away from incremental benchmark gains. Proposed ideas should be radically different from the current strand of research or propose a novel problem.
Reviewing process BMVC 2022
* Each paper will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. The primary AC will also provide a meta review, summarizing the points that need to be addressed during the rebuttal phase.
* The authors will have a period to produce a rebuttal to address the reviewers concerns. Due to the tight schedule, there will be no revision of the papers before the final camera ready submission.
* The rebuttal will be handled by two ACs, a primary and a secondary, who will facilitate paper discussion and jointly make the recommendations. Conflicts will be jointly managed by the ACs and Program Chairs that will make the final decisions.
Due the anticipated volume of papers for BMVC 2022 (based on recent year’s experience) there will be NO extension granted to the submission deadline. In keeping with conferences in the field (e.g. NeurIPS, CVPR) and to cope with the increasing number of submissions, we ask that all authors be prepared to review papers and make use of a compulsory abstract submission deadline a week before the paper submission deadline. The CMT submission site will ask authors to acknowledge this commitment and failure to engage with the reviewing process might be grounds for rejection.
Any queries to the Programme Chairs should be sent to email@example.com.