IEEE ISC 2022 : 8th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2022): Last Call for Special Sessions and Workshops Papers
Call For Papers
*** Last Call for Special Sessions and Workshops Papers ***
8th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2022)
"Community Smartification and towards ZERO emission Smart Cities
for a Green New Era"
September 26-29, 2022, Aliathon Resort, Paphos, Cyprus
(*** Submission Deadline: July 20, 2022 AoE (firm!))
The IEEE ISC2 will be held in-person on September 26-29, 2022, in
Paphos, Cyprus and the theme of the conference is “Community Smartification and
towards ZERO emission Smart Cities for a Green New Era.”
The IEEE ISC2 is the flagship conference sponsored by the IEEE Smart Cities
Technical Community, a coalition of eight IEEE technical societies and organizations.
It is still possible to submit papers to the following Special Sessions (more
information available here, https://attend.ieee.org/isc2-2022/special-sessions/ ):
• Special Session 1: 5G technology and cloud native solutions for smart grids and
smart cities applications
• Special Session 2: Smartification from Pilot Projects to New Trends in Urban
• Special Session 3: Advances toward air pollution monitoring and mitigation
solutions for smart cities
as well as the following Workshops (more information available here,
• First International Workshop on MARV: Multimodal and AI-Responsible data
processing and deliVery in smart cities
• First International Workshop on Sustainable Digital Transformation of Urban
Landscape through Disruptive Technologies & Standards
• Second International Workshop On Intelligent IoT Solutions for Smart Cities
• First International Workshop on Smart and Circular Cities
• First International Workshop on Improving Quality of Life for People with Disabilities
(PwD) through the use of Technologies in Smart Cities
Paper Submission Guidelines
Prospective authors are invited to submit high quality original (Full or Short) papers
via the EasyChair submission site at
Full papers should describe novel research contributions with evaluation results
and are limited to seven (7) pages. Short papers, limited in length to four (4) pages,
should be more visionary in nature and are meant to discuss new challenges and
visions, highlight early research results, and explore novel research directions.
All submitted papers must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for
publication, should be written in English and formatted according to the IEEE
Template ( https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html ).
Each submitted paper will pass through the standard IEEE peer-review process. If
accepted and presented at the conference, it will appear in the conference
proceedings and be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
The conference organisers are currently negotiating a number of special issues
with high quality journals. More information is available on the conference
web site (https://attend.ieee.org/isc2-2022/journal-special-issues/ ).
The best papers will be awarded in the conference Best Paper Award and a Best
Student Paper Award contests.
For more information, please visit the conference website:
Please refer to the web site for further details:
• Special Sessions and Workshops Papers Submission Deadline: July 20, 2022 AoE (firm!)
• Special Sessions and Workshops Papers Acceptance Notification: August 7, 2022
• Special Sessions and Workshops Papers Camera-Ready Deadline: August 15, 2022
• Special Sessions and Workshops Papers Author Registration Deadline: August 15, 2022
• Conference Dates: September 26-29, 2022
Special Track Chairs Committee
IEEE Smart Cities