iiWAS 2022 : The 24th International Conference on Information Integration and Web Intelligence
Call For Papers
C A L L F O R P A P E R S
The 24th International Conference on Information Integration and Web Intelligence (iiWAS2022)
28-30 November 2022, Bari, Italy
Paper submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iiwas2022
"Collecting, Processing, Analysing and Storing Data/Information to Support Human Intelligence"
)) For those who will not be able to attend in person, online participation will be made available ((
*** Important Dates ***
15 July 2022 (SHARP): Submission due; full Papers (12 pages), Short papers, demos & work in progress (6 pages)
15 August 2022: Acceptance Notifications
1 September 2022: Camera-Ready Papers and Authors Registration
28 - 30 November 2022: Conference Dates
*** Publication ***
ALL accepted iiWAS2022 papers will be published by Springer in their Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). LNCS volumes are indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science; Scopus; EI Engineering Index; Google Scholar; DBLP; etc. Selected high-quality papers will be invited to be published, after revision and extension, in special issues of international journals.
*** Scope ***
Data and information are crucial in providing evidence based decision making in many aspect of human activities, as an individual or as a group. The way information and communication technology are used to collect, process, analysis and store data has always evolves. New techniques are invented, existing techniques are improved and old techniques are integrated to the new. Each of these provided some challenges and opportunities to our research community in finding the best way to meet these challenges. iiWAS provides research community with the opportunity to share and discuss their ideas.
Prior to 2020, iiWAS has been held in Munich (2019), Yogyakarta (2018), Salzburg (2017), Singapore (2016), Brussels (2015), Hanoi (2014), Vienna (2013), Bali (2012), Ho Chi Minh City (2011), Paris (2010), Kuala Lumpur (2009), and Linz (2008). Last years, iiWAS2020 and iiWAS2021 conferences were held as virtual conference. This year, iiWAS2022 will be held in person in Italy.
*** Submissions ***
iiWAS accepted four different types of contributions:
- Original theoretical work: The contributions are expected to show original work that provide foundations to further progress research in the area. Rigorous proofs and/or performance measurements are expected for this type of contribution.
- Real life case study: The contributions are expected to show a real life case study of an adopted concept and technology. The analysis of the case study should provide an original insight and findings, backing up by data collected from experiments and/or observation.
- Experimental work: The contributions are expected to show reporting of rigorous comparative experiments of existing algorithms/systems to provide insight to the current state of the art in a research domain.
- Lessons learnt reports: The contributions are expected to show lessons learnt from adoption of complex technology integration or implementation.
*** Topics ***
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Web Intelligence
- Data science and Data engineering
- Cloud and Edge Computing
- Trusted, Responsible and Interpretable AI
- Big data & Data Analytics
- Cloud data management
- NoSQL databases
- Social networks analysis
- Sensors data management
- Data Mining
- Semantic Web and Ontology
- Search and Information Technology
- Query Language and Processing
- Advanced web technology and application
- Spatial data storage, query and processing
- Health informatics
- Education informatics
- Data Integration, Metadata Management, and Interoperability
- Distributed, parallel and cloud databases
- Social media analytics and processing
- Data modelling and analysis
- Big data processing
- Web content analysis, semantic and knowledge
- Data systems integration
- Data connectivity in internet of things
- Blockchain Technologies
- Linked Open Data
- Deep/Hidden Web
*** Submission Guidelines ***
Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF through EasyChair. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings.
Submitted papers will be subject to stringent peer review by at least three members of the international program committee and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings to be published by Springer.
Format requirements for submissions of papers are:
- Maximum 12 pages, including the abstract (no more than 150 words), all figures and references for Full Technical papers.
- Maximum 6 pages, including the abstract (no more than 150 words), all figures and references for Short Position Papers.
- All submissions should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)
- Submissions must be entered into the Submission System (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iiwas2022)
*** Awards ***
iiWAS2022 best paper awards and student paper awards will be conferred on the authors at the conference.
*** Past Conferences ***
ACM Digital library: https://dl.acm.org/conference/iiwas
*** Program Committee co-Chairs ***
- Maria Indrawan-Santiago, Program Committee Chair, @WAS Organization (email@example.com)
- Eric Pardede, Program Committee CoChair, La Trobe University, Australia (E.Pardede@latrobe.edu.au)
For more inquiries about the submission and conference organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org