MoMM 2022 : The 20th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia Intelligence
Conference Series : Advances in Mobile Multimedia
Call For Papers
C A L L F O R P A P E R S
The 20th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia Intelligence (MoMM2022)
28-30 November, 2022 - Bari, Italy
Paper submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=momm2022
"Designing and Developing Intelligent Mobile and Ubiquitous Solutions for Social Good"
)) For those who will not be able to attend in person, online participation will be made available ((
*** Important Dates ***
15 July 2022 (SHARP): Submission due, Full Papers (12 pages), Short papers, demos & work in progress (6 pages)
15 August 2022: Acceptance Notifications
1 September 2022: Camera-Ready Papers and Authors Registration
28 - 30 November 2022: Conference Dates
*** Publication ***
ALL accepted MoMM2022 papers will be published by Springer in their Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). LNCS volumes are indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science; Scopus; EI Engineering Index; Google Scholar; DBLP; etc. Selected high-quality papers will be invited to be published, after revision and extension, in special issues of international journals.
*** Scope ***
During the last decade, mobile computing and multimedia have gone through massive advancements in terms of both hardware innovations and software solutions. The emerging and exponential technologies have accelerated research across a wide array of topics such as smart cities, digital twins, nanotechnology, augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, chatbots and conversational interfaces, edge computing and server-less cloud computing. While the new technologies and developments have the potential to affect our lives and create positive social impact, they introduce huge challenges in terms of the design, underlying algorithms, implementation and technology adoption. MoMM provides an opportunity for researchers to present, share and discuss their research results and experiences with other researchers and experts in the same or similar fields.
Prior to 2020, MoMM has been held in Munich (2019), Yogyakarta (2018), Salzburg (2017), Singapore (2016), Brussels (2015), Kaohsiung (2014), Vienna (2013), Bali (2012), Ho Chi Minh City (2011), Paris (2010), Kuala Lumpur (2009), and Linz (2008). Last years, MoMM2020 and MoMM2021 conferences were held as virtual conference. This year, MoMM2022 will be held in person in Italy.
*** Submission ***
MoMM accepted four different types of contributions:
- Original theoretical work: The contributions are expected to show original work that provide foundations to further progress research in the area. Rigorous proofs and/or performance measurements are expected for this type of contribution.
- Real world case study: The contributions are expected to show a real world case study of an adopted concept and technology. The analysis of the case study should provide an original insight and findings, backing up by data collected from experiments and/or observation.
- Experimental work: The contributions are expected to show reporting of rigorous comparative experiments of existing algorithms/systems to provide insight to the current state of the art in a research domain.
- Lessons learnt reports: The contributions are expected to show lessons learnt from adoption of complex technology integration or implementation.
*** Topics ***
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Multimedia Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligent Systems applications in Computers and Communications
- Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Internet of Things solutions and applications
- Smart cities
- Mobile sensing technologies and applications
- Mobile healthcare applications
- Wearable computing
- Mobile crowd sensing
- Mobile multimodal interfaces
- Chatbots and conversational interfaces
- Cloud and edge computing
- Immersive computing
- Context-aware applications and recommender systems
- Data Visualisation on mobile devices
- Localisation, positioning and tracking systems
- Mobile distributed reasoning and processing
- Spatial searching and routing
- Multi-agent systems
*** Submission Guidelines ***
Papers and demonstration descriptions must be submitted electronically in PDF through EasyChair. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal, conference, or workshop with proceedings. Submitted demonstrations should convey a scientific result and should not be advertisements for commercial software packages. Submitted papers and demonstrations will be subject to stringent peer review by at least three members of the international program committee and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. Accepted papers and demonstration descriptions will appear in the conference proceedings to be published by Springer LNCS.
Format requirements for submissions of papers and demonstrations are:
- Maximum 12 pages, including the abstract (no more than 150 words), all figures and references for Full Technical papers.
- Maximum 6 pages, including the abstract (no more than 150 words), all figures and references for Short Position Papers.
- A video clip (for review purpose only) and a description of maximum 4 pages for the demonstration. The description should outline the underlying novel concepts, methods and/or approaches, and details about implementation, deployment, testing, and evaluation and user uptake.
- All submissions should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)
- Submissions must be entered into the Submission System (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=momm2022)
*** Awards ***
MoMM2022 best paper awards, best student paper awards, and best demonstrations will be selected based on novelty, significance, and the presentation at the conference. Best student paper awards can only be awarded to papers on which students are first authors.
*** Past Conferences ***
ACM Digital library: https://dl.acm.org/conference/momm
*** Program Committees ***
Pari Delir Haghighi, Program Committee Chair, Monash University, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more questions regarding submission and conference organisation please contact email@example.com