DCI 2011 : International Workshop on Data-Centric Interactions on the Web
Call For Papers
*** Workshop Theme ***
Massive amounts of data have been published on the web in the last years and more and more data is added each day. Not only do companies, organizations, and governments make their data increasingly available on the web, but so do users who publish data online, either for themselves, their colleagues and friends, or even the general public.
Whereas several standards and best practices for the publication and linking of data on the web have been defined in the past, relatively little efforts have been made to systematically investigate concepts and principles to interact with this data. Reoccurring interaction problems are differently solved and more general design recommendations and guidelines are just beginning to emerge. A need for reusable design patterns and interaction techniques as well as novel ideas, tools, and methods to present web data to the users is clearly recognizable
These and related issues of data-centric interactions on the web are addressed by the workshop. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Data-driven design, generation, and integration of web user interfaces
* Adaptation and personalization of data-centric web interactions
* Social tagging interfaces and folksonomy visualizations
* Mashups, widgets, and widget toolkits for web data
* Interaction with embedded web data (e.g., microformats, microdata, RDFa)
* Linked data viewers, browsers, and editors
* Interaction with geodata (e.g., geotagging, geocoding) and web mapping
* Tools and methods for the development of data-centric web user interfaces
* Design patterns for data-centric interactions on the web
*** Target Audience ***
We aim to bring together researchers, developers, and designers with a shared interest in data-centric interactions on the web. As several research areas are affected by the workshop theme, we expect participants from various backgrounds and communities to attend. The workshop will provide an interdisciplinary forum to exchange experiences and ideas and to discuss novel research results and future developments regarding data-centric interactions on the web.
*** Submission Guidelines ***
Prospective participants should submit a 2-page position paper describing their contribution to the topic of the workshop. We will select participants based on the abstract's quality and the diversity of their backgrounds. The selected authors will be asked to provide extended versions (4-10 pages, depending on the type of paper: system demonstration, position paper, full paper) one month before the workshop.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and use email@example.com for all other inquiries. Accepted submissions will be published in the CEUR-WS Series.
*** Important Dates***
* June 10th 2011: Submission of position papers
* July 1st 2011: Notification to authors of position papers
* July 15th 2011: End of early bird registration
* September 5th or 6th 2011: Workshop at INTERACT 2011
*** Organizers ***
* Paloma Diaz, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
* Tim Hussein, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
* Steffen Lohmann, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
* Jürgen Ziegler, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany