Rules Fest 2011 : Rules Fest 2011 International Conference on Reasoning Technologies
Call For Papers
Rules Fest gathers leading experts from academia, private research, and industry to share practical knowledge and techniques for creating, utilizing, and managing software that incorporates:
* Rule engines and logical reasoners,
* Constraint solvers and theorem provers,
* Machine learning, expert systems, case-based reasoning
Suitable presentation abstracts might include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
* Practical applications and case studies that illustrate reasoning technologies in action.
* Technical expositions that describe innovative, emergent, or disruptive reasoning technologies.
* Theoretical discussions of reasoning algorithms, techniques, and methodologies applicable to creating products and services.
* Discussions of frameworks, specifications, and standards that drive the adoption of reasoning technologies.
Rules Fest strikes a balance between the theory and practice of AI, and our accepted abstracts reflect that balance. Broadly, there are four kinds of presentations* that receive prime consideration:
* Case Study
Theme: An illustrative narrative about reasoning technologies in action.
Goal: Experiential knowledge transfer.
* How To
Theme: Technical tutorial that shows how to apply reasoning technologies.
Goal: Skill and procedural knowledge transfer.
Theme: Theoretical discussions of reasoning algorithms, techniques, and methodologies applicable to creating products and services.
Goal: Theoretical and tacit knowledge transfer.
* What's New
Theme: Discussions of frameworks, specifications, and standards that drive the adoption of reasoning technologies.
Goal: Exploration of where theory and research become standards and practices.
Industries and Applications: Accounting to Zoology
The number of possible applications in each domain is only limited by customers' needs and developers' imaginations and skills. Concretely, you will find reasoning technologies used in the following industries and capacities:
* Consumer Electronics
* Military and Defence
* National Security
* Transportation and Infrastructure
Reasoning technology application areas include, but are certainly not limited to:
* Intelligent Agents
* Business Rules
* Data Mining
* Decision Support & Management
* Diagnosis and Trouble-Shooting
* Expert Systems
* Modeling and Simulation
* Temporal Reasoning
* Semantic Reasoning
Management Impacted By Rules Fest
Some of the management disciplines that derive benefit from applications created with the technologies discussed at Rules Fest:
* Decision Management
* Business Rule Management
* Knowledge Management
* Business Process Management
* Database Management
* Document Management
* Supply Chain Management
* Customer Relationship Management
Common Topics of Interest
Rules Fest attendees can be overheard talking about these hot topics and how to realize them as products and services:
Advising, Collaborative Filtering, Constraint Solving, Controlling, Decisioneering, Decisioning, Decision Supporting, Designing, Diagnosing, Estimating, Optimizing, Planning, Predicting, Probabilistic Reasoning, Reasoning, Recommending, Scheduling, Searching, Semantically Searching, Training, Tutoring, and many more!
Submit to: Charles Young, Charles.Young@solidsoft.com, Rules Fest Vice Chair