GREC 2011 : Ninth IAPR International Workshop on Graphics RECognition
Conference Series : Graphics Recognition
Call For Papers
We are pleased to announce that the 9th International Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC2011), organized by IAPR TC-10 (Technical Committeeon Graphics Recognition), will be held at the Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea on September 15-16, 2011, just before the 11th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR 2011).
The GREC workshops provide an excellent opportunity for researchers and practitioners at all levels of experience to meet colleagues and to share new ideas and knowledge about graphics recognition methods.
Graphics Recognition is a subfield of document image analysis that deals with graphical entities in engineering drawings, maps, architectural plans, musical scores, mathematical notation,tables, diagrams, etc.
Note: Revised versions of selected papers will be published as an LNCS Volume.
The program will be organized in a single-track 2-day workshop. It will comprise several sessions dedicated to specific topics. For each session, there will be an invited presentation describing the state of the art and stating the open questions for the session's topic, followed by a number of short presentations that will contribute by proposing solutions to some of the questions or presenting results of the speaker's work. Each session will be concluded by a panel discussion.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Raster-to-vector techniques.
- Recognition of graphical primitives.
- Recognition of graphic symbols in charts, diagrams, and drawings.
- Interpretation of engineering drawings, maps, tables, and other graphical documents.
- Graphics-based information retrieval.
- Historical graphic indexing.
- 3-D models from multiple 2-D views (line drawings).
- Digital ink processing.
- Sketch recognition and understanding.
- Description of complete systems for interpretation of graphic documents.
- Performance evaluation in graphics recognition.
- Authoring, editing, storing and presentation systems for graphics multimedia documents
Extended abstracts, or full papers have to be sent through the workshop web site.
Afterwards, authors of accepted abstracts will be asked to send the full paper.
The full text of all contributed papers will be available in proceedings distributed at the workshop.
After the workshop, the program committee plans to publish revised versions of selected papers as an LNCS Volume, Springer Verlag
Abstract Due: May 15, 2011
Acceptance Notification: June 20, 2011
Final Manuscript Due: July 24, 2011
Seoul is the capital and largest city of Korea with its history dating back to 18BC.
The University is located in the heart of the city, which can be easily accessed by bus,
sub-way and other public transportation from the Incheon International Airport.
Flight and Transportation Information:
From Seoul (Korea) to Beijing (China), there are more than 10 direct flights daily with various carriers in order to go to ICDAR participants. Among them, Sky Team (www.skyteam.com) or Star-Alliance (www.staralliance.com) connections are recommended.
* Paris-Seoul-Beijing-Paris route is: Air France or Korean air combination (Sky Team) is possible.
* New York-Seoul-Beijing-New York is: United-Asiana-United or Air China combination (Star Alliance) is possible.
Note: The airfare is almost same prices with Beijing round trip !!.
Very limited number of small-dorm rooms on campus are reserved for the workshop (around $30 per night) but the number of rooms are not enough - most of them will be given for student participants. Hotel rooms will be available on special rate for the workshop near the campus. (around $120 per night) Transportation from airport to hotel has a direct connection with a metro with 45 minutes.
Free bus shuttle between workshop place to hotel will be provided..