AI4RAILS 2022 : 3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for RAILwayS
Call For Papers
AI4RAILS 2022 - Call for Papers
3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for RAILwayS
co-located with the 18th European Dependable Computing Conference (EDCC2022)
September 12th, 2022 - Zaragoza (Spain)
AI4RAILS 2022 workshop is the 3rd edition in the series specifically addressing topics related to the adoption of Artificial Intelligence technologies in railway applications. The AI4RAILS series is intended to be a forum for researchers, practitioners and business leaders to discuss and share new perspectives, ideas, technologies and solutions for effective and dependable integration of AI techniques in rail-based transportation systems.
More information, submission guidelines and contacts are available on the workshop website.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- AI for railway safety, availability, reliability and security
- Transferability to railways of AI approaches from other sectors (e.g., avionics, automotive, etc.)
- Autonomous and cooperative driving, including virtual coupling
- Automatic detection of signals, pedestrians and obstacles
- Predictive maintenance and defect detection
- AI for traffic planning and management
- Adversarial perturbations to AI with a focus on railway case-studies
- Cognitive Digital Twins for Railways
- Resource allocation with a focus on railway case-studies
- Run-time model checking and AI with a focus on railway case-studies
- Explainable and trustworthy AI in railway applications
- Safe autonomy standards and railway certification of compliance
- Datasets and real-world case studies
***Submission and Publication***
AI4RAILS 2022 invites original papers not submitted elsewhere, presenting original contributions. Papers must be in English, up to 12 pages in Springer format, including references and appendices. Paper submission instructions and publication details are available on the workshop website.
The AI4RAILS proceedings will be published to Springer Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS).
Authors of the best papers will be invited to submit revised and extended versions of their manuscripts to a special issue of the Springer Discover Artificial Intelligence and/or Elsevier Pattern Recognition Letters (planned).
Regular paper submission: June 20th, 2022 (FIRM!!!)
Authors notification: July 4th, 2022
Camera-ready paper due: July 12th, 2022
***Workshop Steering Committee***
Valeria Vittorini, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Francesco Flammini, MÃ¤lardalen University & Linnaeus University, Sweden
Rob Goverde, TU Delft Transport Institute, Netherlands
Ronghui Liu, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Roberto Nardone, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
Stefano Marrone, University of Naples Federico II, Italy