HIEMI 2022 : 1st International Workshop on Hybrid Internet of Everything Models for Industry 5.0
Call For Papers
# CALL FOR PAPERS
HIEMI 2022 - 1st International Workshop on Hybrid Internet of Everything Models for Industry 5.0
September 12-15, 2022 – Falerna (Calabria, Italy)
Co-located with the 20th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic & Secure Computing (DASC 2022)
## Important dates
**Please note that these dates are subject to changes. A later paper submission deadline is to be announced.**
- Submission Due: June 1, 2022
- Author Notification Due: July 1, 2022
- Camera-ready Submission: July 15, 2022
- Workshop: September 12-15, 2022 (exact day to be confirmed)
## The workshop
The Internet of Everything (IoE) model presents at its core the promise to aggregate the "four pillars" of people, data, processes and things, in order to extend and improve the processes already present in classical models and, in turn, to enrich the lives of people. One of the most intriguing challenges in IoE is the paradigm "connections among things" shifting to "connections among people, process, data and things". At the same time, in a similar manner, the concept of Industry 5.0 makes its way in the nowadays industrial ecosystem. A peculiar necessity in Industry 5.0 is to increase productivity while not removing human workers from the manufacturing processes. This can be tackled by defining and evaluating hybrid ecosystems in which smart machines are intertwined with humans as collaborators rather than competitors.
HIEMI 2022 aims at bringing together scientific and industrial communities on discussing, proposing, defining and evaluating innovative and hybrid models for IoE in Industry 5.0 ecosystems, as well as drawing a collaborative research agenda to highlight future research directions.
## Topics of interest
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Green IoT and IoE models for Industry 5.0 technology and engineering applications
- Smart Manufacturing
- Predictive Maintenance
- Remote Diagnosis and Development
- Artificial Intelligence for IoE
- Intelligent Planning for IoE processes
- Context-awareness and Location Awareness methods for Industrial Ecosystems
- Machine-to-machine Communications
- Hybrid human-computer interaction
- Interactive Data Analysis in Industrial settings
- Data Management Platforms and Framework
- Cloud and Fog Computing for IoE
- Edge and Mobile Computing for IoE
- Social Implications in IoE Industrial Ecosystems
- Sensor Networks
- Cyber-physical systems and interfaces
## Paper submission
Authors are invited to submit either full papers, possibly already submitted to other conferences or journals, and short papers, which are suggested for presenting work in progress, extended abstracts, software prototypes, or general overviews of research projects. Workshop submissions must be in PDF format, written in English and formatted according to the IEEE CS Proceedings format (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html). Full papers should not exceed 8 pages (including bibliography). Shorter papers must not exceed 3 pages.
All accepted original contributions will be likely to be published in the official IEEE CyberSciTech proceeding, which will be published by IEEE CPS (EI indexed, in IEEE DL). Non-original communications will be given visibility on the workshop website, including a link to the original publication, if already published.
Please take a look to the website for news.
### General Chairs
- Francesco Cauteruccio – Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy (contact person - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Giorgio Terracina – University of Calabria, Italy (email@example.com)
- Domenico Ursino – Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)