CSERC 2022 : The 11th Computer Science Education Research Conference
Call For Papers
1st Call for Papers: The 11th Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC '22) November 21st – 22nd
(In order to provide more accessibility for interested participants around the globe to join the conference, we decided to continue CSERC’ 22 as an Online conference)
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in educational aspects of all computing disciplines including computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, and information systems. It embraces a broad view of the current and future trends in computing education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research and empirical results.
Submissions to CSERC ‘22 (if accepted, published in the ACM Digital Library) might cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
* Specific educational subject matters, such as programming, database systems, computer security, and modelling
* Particular educational innovations, such as MOOCs, flipped-classroom, game-based education, E-Learning and online learning
* Specific groups of students, such as first years, master’s students, minorities, impaired students
* Broader topics, such as curriculum development, lifelong learning, group-work, assessment, just in time vs. just in case education, class infrastructure, industry and university, gender disparity in computer science, psychology of programming, etc.
== Submissions ==
Original and unpublished submissions in all areas related to computing education are invited in the following categories:
* Research Paper: Reporting theoretical or theoretically informed empirical studies undertaken to investigate a specific aspect or address a particular problem in computing education
* Experience Report: Describing a classroom innovation and an evaluation of its impact in computing education
* Software or tool Report: Describing developed tools for supporting teaching, learning or assessment in computing education
Types of accepted submissions include:
* Full Paper (approximately 12 pages)
* Practical Report (about 6 pages)
* Poster (2 pages)
A research paper, experience report, or software/tool report can belong to one of the above types.
* Templates for submissions can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website
* Papers can be submitted using EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cserc22)
* Documents proposed for conference presentation should be high quality, unpublished, original work and submitted online
* The official language of the conference is English
== Review Process and Publication ==
* Submissions to CSERC are reviewed by an international program committee. The authors of the reviewed submissions will receive constructive feedback provided by this committee.
* The final versions of the papers accepted for presentation at CSERC’22 will be published in the ACM Digital library (https://dl.acm.org/conference/cserc).
* At least one author of every accepted paper/poster must register for the event and present the paper/poster.
* CSERC used to follow a post-conference proceedings. However, in CSERC’ 22 we will follow a normal procedure for publishing the proceedings before the conference.
== Important Dates ==
* Abstract submission: Sunday 10 July 2022
* Paper submission deadline: Sunday 24 July 2022
* Deadline for paper reviews by the PC members: Sunday 11 September 2022
* Notification of paper acceptance: Monday 19 September 2022
* Registration opens: Tuesday 20 September 2022
* Submission of paper final version (Camera-ready version): Sunday 9 October 2022
* Author registration, Early-bird (non-author) deadline: Sunday 16 October 2022
* Conference (online): Monday, 21 November - Tuesday, 22 November, 2022
== Program Chairs ==
* Dave Stikkolorum, Leiden University, The Netherlands
* Ebrahim Rahimi, Open University, The Netherlands
* Sylvia Stuurman, Open University, The Netherlands
* Web Master: Tessa Senden, Open University, The Netherlands