BigData 2022 : IEEE BigData2022 (Call for Tutorials )
Call For Papers
IEEE Big Data 2022 Call for Tutorial Proposals
2022 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2022)
December 17-20, 2022, Osaka, Japan
(will move to online if the COVID-19 pandemic is not under control)
[Context and scope]
The Program Committee of the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2022) invites tutorial proposals with the aim of offering a high-quality tutorial program providing attendees the opportunity to learn from and to interact with internationally recognized experts in the area of Big Data.
IEEE Big Data 2022 tutorials are intended to cover a wide range of topics of interest to the Big Data community. We encourage proposals of two-hour tutorials with broad applicability and of interest to the attendees.
Proposals of the following areas (as well as others) are solicited:
- Big Data Foundations
- Big Data Infrastructure
- Big Data Management
- Big Data Search and Mining
- Big Data Learning and Analytics
- Data Ecosystem
- Big Data Applications
You can refer to the IEEE Big Data 2022 for more topics. Prospective tutorial organizers are encouraged to contact the tutorial chairs for feedback.
[Guidelines for Tutorial Proposals]
Prospective tutorial organizers are recommended to provide the following sections:
1. Name(s) and contact information of tutorial representative(s)
2. Tutorial Title and abstract in text format (250 word maximum)
3. Duration (2 hours)
4. A detailed description of the tutorial (2 pages maximum) with the following sections:
- Goals and subtopics, specifically how they will benefit the attendees;
- Why the topics are relevant to the attendees;
- Targeted audience (researchers, students, developers, practitioners, etc.);
- Content level (% beginner, % intermediate, % advanced);
- Audience prerequisites;
- General description of tutorial content;
- If your presenters are from different institutions, how you will ensure cohesive tutorial content;
5. An outline of the tutorial (1 page in an outline form).
6. Curriculum Vitae of each presenter (2 pages maximum each), including a list of short courses taught by each presenter.
7. A statement agreeing to the release of the notes on the IEEE Big Data 2022 tutorial digital media.
Tutorial submissions will be reviewed by the tutorial chairs, which will consider the following factors:
1. Appropriateness for the IEEE Big Data 2022 audience
2. Timeliness of the topic and interest to the audience
3. Quality of the proposal
4. CV and teaching/speaking experience of the presenters
Please submit your proposal through this Tutorial Proposals Submission Page
2 hours tutorial: US$500 (total)
- August 10, 2022: Tutorial proposal submission deadline.
- August 20, 2022: Notification to tutorial proposers. Tutorial submissions may be conditionally accepted, pending certain modifications recommended by the tutorial chairs. Note that you will also be required to supply copies of your slides several weeks before the conference (date TBD).
- Yasufumi Takama, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan, ytakama_at_tmu.ac.jp
- Dries Beniot, Ghent University, Belgium, Dries.Benoit_at_UGent.be