Interacción 2022 : XXII International conference on Human-Computer Interaction
Call For Papers
The XXII edition of the International conference on Human-Computer Interaction (Interacción 2022) will take place in Teruel (Aragón, Spain), at the campus of the University of Zaragoza, from September 7th to 9th, 2022, under the auspices of the Human-Computer Interaction Association (AIPO), the support of the Spanish chapter of ACM SIGCHI (CHISPA) and the organization of the AffectiveLab and EduQTech research groups of the University of Zaragoza. The congress has been organized in face-to-face mode.
The main objective of Interacción 2022 is to bring together researchers, students and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) professionals, both from academia and industry, in order to promote the presentation of innovative proposals, exchange of ideas and discussion. Interacción 2022 takes a multi-disciplinary approach to the HCI discipline, so that it seeks to attract those working in computer science, but also in other disciplines. This includes the line of interactive art, which received preferential interest in Interaction 20/21 and is to be maintained.
Contributions can address any topic related to the HCI discipline, in a broad sense, considering its multidisciplinary nature. Thus, contributions on user experience, accessibility, virtual and augmented reality, human-robot interaction, hardware for interaction, interactive art, HCI psychology, HCI teaching, HCI and rehabilitation, etc. will be welcome.
A special session Engendering Technologies will be organized and papers can be submitted specifically for this session. This session aims to explore equal participation in education, design, production and use of technology, as well as to encourage more inclusive research, innovation and product development.
Different modalities of participation in the congress have been defined, so that any researcher can find a way to contribute and attend the congress.
• Long articles. Up to 8 pages. These are articles that describe previously unpublished original work and provide significant research results.
• Short articles. Up to 4 pages. These are articles that describe work in progress, with intermediate results and that contribute to well-founded research.
• Doctoral Colloquium. Up to 2 pages. This is a forum for PhD students to present a summary of the objectives, methodology and preliminary results of the PhD work they are preparing.
• Presentations of research groups or projects. Up to 2 pages. Through this modality, a research group working in one of the areas covered by the congress can make a presentation of their work as a group, describing activities, projects and future plans, or of a specific research project they are carrying out or have just completed.
• Relevant articles already published. Up to 2 pages. A review of an article published by the authors in an impact journal may be submitted for dissemination among the congress attendees.
• Demonstrations. A demonstration of a tool, hardware, interactive artwork or similar may contribute to the conference. This demonstration will have a brief review associated with it (up to 2 pages).
Submissions must be made via EasyChair, following this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=interaccion2022
All contributions must be submitted anonymously in PDF format, following the ACM templates:
• Word users: https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/word_style/interim-template-style/interim-layout.docx
• LaTex users: https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/consolidated-tex-template/acmart-primary.zip
All contributions will be reviewed by an international panel of experts. Authors' personal data, the acknowledgements section and any other reference that may reveal the identity of the authors should be removed from the submissions.
Contributions may be submitted in Spanish or English. Articles submitted in Spanish may be accompanied by a 2-page extended abstract in English -using the same template-, which will be attached at the time of the initial submission of the article. More details about the submission process can be found at the website of the conference. The official language of the congress will be Spanish.
Long and short articles written in English will be published in the ACM Digital Library within its international conference proceedings series. In addition, extended abstracts in English of accepted articles in Spanish will also be published in the ACM Digital Library. All published material in ACM Digital Library is indexed by databases such as Scopus and DBLP.
Long and short papers written in Spanish, as well as contributions of other categories (doctoral colloquium, group or project presentations, published papers and demonstrations) and abstracts of English papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
A selection of papers presented at the congress will be invited to submit an extension of the paper to be published in a special issue of an indexed international journal. Similarly, a selection of articles will be made to be published in AIPO's digital journal.
At least one author per contribution must be registered in the congress for the contribution to be published and presented. Each registration may be associated with one contribution, and may be associated with more for an additional fee.
• Deadline for long and short articles: May 9, 2022.
• Deadline for all other contributions: May 31, 2022.
• Response to authors: June 3, 2022.
• Final version submission: June 24, 2022.
• Holding of the congress: September 7 to 9, 2022.
• Jesús Gallardo, University of Zaragoza (president)
• Sergio Albiol, University of Zaragoza (co-president)
• Sandra Baldassarri, University of Zaragoza (co-president)
• Silvia Hernández, University of Zaragoza (co-president)
• Raquel Lacuesta, University of Zaragoza (co-president)
• Arcadio Reyes, University of Málaga (co-president)
• Full list of reviewers to be confirmed.
• Jesús Gallardo, University of Zaragoza (president)
• Sergio Albiol, University of Zaragoza
• Silvia Hernández, University of Zaragoza
• Raquel Lacuesta, University of Zaragoza
The conference will be held in Teruel (Aragon, Spain), on the campus of the University of Zaragoza, from September 7 to 9, 2022.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Full details about the conference can be found at the website interaccion2022.unizar.es .