AITS@EPIA 2022 : Artificial Intelligence in Transportation Systems (Thematic Track at EPIA2022)
Call For Papers
The AITS Track at EPIA Conferences aims to promote a debate on current developments and advancements of AI techniques in a rather practical perspective. It will gather both the AI community and transportation practitioners to discuss how cutting-edge AI technologies can be effectively applied to improve the performance of transportation systems and mobility in general on a sustainable basis, according to three important dimensions, namely economic, environmental, and social.
This forum also aims to generate new ideas towards building innovative applications of AI technologies into smarter, greener and safer transportation systems, stimulating contributions that emphasise on how theory and practice are effectively coupled to solve real-life problems in contemporary transportation, naturally including all sorts of mobility systems.
Indeed, contemporary transportation is evolving rapidly on a more intelligent basis, and the concept of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSs) has become already a reality among us, supporting the infrastructure leading to the emergence the so-called Smart Mobility, and to a whole bunch of Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) solutions as we witness today. Also, when placed within the framework of Smart Cities, ITS increases in complexity and brings about new performance measures such as equity and social impact, privacy and security, ethical and legal compliance, explainable decision-support, while environmental sustainability is strongly emphasised.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Different modes of transport and their interactions (air, road, rail and water transports)
• Intelligent and real-time traffic management and control
• Design, operation, timetabling and real-time control of logistics systems and freight transport
• Transport policy, planning, design and management
• Environmental issues, road pricing, security and safety
• Transport systems operation
• Application and management of new technologies in transport
• Travel demand analysis, prediction and transport marketing
• Advanced traveller information systems and services
• Ubiquitous transport technologies and ambient intelligence
• Pedestrian and crowd simulation and analysis
• Urban planning toward sustainable mobility
• Service oriented architectures for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications
• Assessment and evaluation of intelligent transportation technologies
• Human factors in intelligent vehicles
• Autonomous driving
• Artificial transportation systems and simulation
• Serious games and gamification in transportation
• Behaviour modelling and social simulation of transportation systems
• Electric mobility and its relationship with smart grids and the electricity market
• Computer vision in autonomous driving
• Surveillance and monitoring systems for transportation and pedestrians
• Data-driven preventive maintenance policies
• Anomalous trajectory mining and fraud detection
• Smart architectures for vehicle-to-vehicle/vehicle-to-infrastructure communications
• Automatic assessment and/or evaluation on the transport reliability (planning, control and other related policies)
• Intelligent transportation infrastructure management and maintenance
• Legal and ethical issues in intelligent transportation systems and smart mobility
Submissions must follow the guidelines specified on the EPIA 2022 Conference Website (https://epia2022.inesc-id.pt/?page_id=319).
The papers should be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format, with a maximum of 12 pages. Submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind review process and will be peer-reviewed by at least three members of the Program Committee. It is the responsibility of the authors to remove names and affiliations from the submitted papers, and to take reasonable care to assure anonymity during the review process.
Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings (a volume of Springer’s LNAI-Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence), provided that at least one author is registered in EPIA 2022 by the early registration deadline. EPIA 2022 proceedings are indexed in Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Science, Scopus, DBLP and Google Scholar.
Alberto Fernandez, CETINIA, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
Tania Fontes, INESC TEC, Portugal
Rosaldo Rossetti, LIACC, Dep. Eng. Informática FEUP, Universidade do Porto, Portugal