SS_CSNDSP_UAV 2022 : Special Session of IEEE/IET CSNDSP on UAV Communications: Energy Efficiency, Resource Management and Security
Call For Papers
IEEE/IET CSNDSP is celebrating 25 years! It has been running biennial since 1998 growing in size and success and normally attract about 200 delegates from around the world. It has been recognised as an international forum to present and exchange research findings and discuss future research topics in the fields of communication systems, communications networks, digital signal processing and other related areas. Papers accepted for presentation are published in IEEEXplore while selected papers are published in prestigious sponsoring journals.
This year, the 13th IEEE/IET CSNDSP 2022 is hosted in the world heritage city of Porto, Portugal.
The 13th IEEE/IET CSNDSP 2022 will host several Special Sessions to attract contributions in emerging or specific topics, within the conference’s scope.
Special Session on UAV Communications: Energy Efficiency, Resource Management and Security
Scope of the session
Living in the era of climate change and digital economies, the evolution of the future wireless networks (beyond 5G and 6G) provides ubiquitous computing services, comprising a growing number of Internet of Things (IoT) applications, including e-healthcare, industrial automation, precision agriculture and the smart electrical grid. The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) play a significant role in multiple IoT applications, especially in emergencies like disaster management, remote monitoring and rescue actions. Unlike
terrestrial communication technologies, UAVs constitute a significant technology enabler, including wide-area coverage, controlled mobility and flexible deployment. However, resource management in UAV networks is a challenging aspect since UAVs may be located anywhere, either by forming a swarm or operating individually. This special session intends to bring together the latest research outcomes from academia and industry with respect to UAV applications and resource management in UAV networks, paying special attention to energy efficiency, high reliability and resilience, security and privacy.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original and unpublished work on the following research topics related to this Special Session:
• Energy efficiency in UAV communications
• UAV/Multi-UAV applications
• Resource management for UAV-integrated terrestrial cellular networks
• Artificial Intelligence for resource management in UAV communications
• Software Defined Networking (SDN) for resource management in UAV communications
• Virtualization for resource management in UAV networks
• Spectral efficiency optimization in UAV networks
• Cybersecurity and privacy issues in UAV networks
• Risk assessment in UAV networks
• Intrusion detection and mitigation against UAV networks
• Blockchain-based authentication and access control systems for UAV networks
• Protocols, standardization and certification activities in UAV networks
• Experimental studies, testbeds and simulators related to UAV networks
Special Session organizers:
• Prof. Panagiotis Sarigiannidis, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
• Prof. Vasileios Argyriou, Kingston University, UK
• Dr. Thomas Lagkas, International Hellenic University,Greece
• Dr. Stamatia Bibi, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
Conference website: https://csndsp2022.av.it.pt/
Special Session webpage: https://csndsp2022.av.it.pt/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/SS09-UAV-Communications-Energy-Efficiency-Resource-Management-and-Security.pdf