SECPID 2022 : 4th Workshop on Security, Privacy, and Identity Management in the Cloud
Call For Papers
This workshop will be held in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2022 – http://www.ares-conference.eu).
Over the last decades, the computing paradigm has experienced a massive shift from local to cloud-based applications. As a result, users and organizations do no longer have full control over their data and services, but they rely on third-party cloud providers.
This development poses various challenges concerning the integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of data and users. In order to enable large-scale take up of such technologies, existing obstacles regarding functionality, efficiency, and scalability need to be addressed and resolved.
The aim of this symposium is thus to provide a platform to discuss innovative ideas related to the following questions: How can cloud services be made more trustworthy? How can we build distributed systems without single point of failure or trust? How to design end-to-end secure services in an untrusted environment? Which methodologies and technologies are required to integrate security and privacy by design? Is it possible to give back users full control over which data they want to reveal when and to whom?
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
* Privacy-preserving authentication
* Proxy cryptography
* Format and order preserving encryption
* Secret sharing
* Secure multi-party computation
* Cloud cryptography
* Secure distributed systems
* Secure outsourced data processing
* Security for federated cloud environments
* Security and privacy in web services
* Security and privacy in cloud scenarios
* Fault tolerance in distributed systems
* Auditing of cloud based systems
* Transparency-enhancing technologies
* Identity management
* Authentication and authorization
* Application areas (smart cities, data markets, etc.)
* Integrity and verifiability of outsourced computation
* Submission Deadline April 20, 2022
* Author Notification June 8, 2022
* Proceedings Version June 19, 2022
* ARES EU Symposium August 23, 2022
* ARES Conference August 23 – August 26, 2022
* Sebastian Ramacher, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
* Stephan Krenn, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
This workshop is organized by the H2020 projects KRAKEN (https://krakenh2020.eu/) and CyberSec4Europe (https://cybersec4europe.eu/).