IC-IHAW 2022 : Second International Conference on ICT for Health, Accessibility and Wellbeing
Call For Papers
(You are receiving this announcement because you are involved in
assistive technologies, an important area of IC-IHAW 2022. Only announcements regarding IC-IHAW 2022 will be sent to you via this
list. You may opt out of this list at any time by using the 'unsubscribe'
link at the end of this and every posting you will receive)
*** Last Mile for Paper Submission ***
Second International Conference on ICT for Health, Accessibility and
Wellbeing (IHAW 2022)
December 5-7, 2022, Golden Bay Beach Hotel 5*, Larnaca, Cyprus
(Proceedings to be published by Springer in CCIS; Journal Special Issues
with SN Computer Science (Springer) and Smart Health (Elsevier); Best
Paper Award sponsored by MDPI "Sensors" with 300 CHF)
*** Final Deadline: October 3rd AoE (firm!) ***
ICT for Health, Accessibility and Wellbeing (IHAW 2022) is the second of the
series of International Conferences on "ICT for Societal Challenges". It is a
showcase for high quality oral and poster presentations and demonstrations
sessions. This conference aims to be a platform for multi and interdisciplinary
research at the interplay between Information and Communication
Technologies, Biomedical, Neuro-cognitive, and Experimental research.
This research includes the design, experimental evaluation and
standardization of new ICT scalable systems and in-silico systems for new
and future inclusive and sustainable technologies that benefit all: healthy
people, people with disabilities or other impairments, people having chronic
diseases, etc. User-centered design and innovation, new intuitive ways of
human -computer interaction, and user acceptance are the topics of
Relevant topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
Artificial Intelligence, Computation and Data Analytics
• Artificial Intelligence methods for medical device testing.
• Algorithms, methods and services for condition-specific intervention (e.g.,
diabetes, obesity, dementia, post cancer treatment, allergies, mental health).
• Algorithms, methods and services for predicting and monitoring infectious disease.
• Crowd-sourcing and social media analysis for predicting and monitoring infectious
• Medical Data and/or Medical Image Analysis.
• Electronic Medical Records Analysis.
• Computational methods for medical devices.
Human Computer Interaction and Cognition
• Human-Machine Interaction for healthcare and well-being.
• Cognitive Mechatronics for healthcare and well-being.
• Models for human-device interaction for medicine.
• Cobotics for healthcare and well-being.
• Model-based design and configuration tools for healthcare and well-being.
• Precision medicine.
• ICT for in-silicon trials.
• Implantable medical devices.
• Multimodal assistive ICT devices to empower people with sensory, cognitive,
motor, balance and spatial impairments.
ICT & Wellbeing
• Age-friendly systems for active and healthy ageing (telepresence, robotics
solutions, innovative solutions for independent living, innovative elderly care,
integrated care, age-related risks prevention/detection).
• ICT systems to improve the quality of life and for daily life activities assistance
(education, recreation, and nutrition).
• Smart living homes and wearables (Intelligent and personalized digital solutions
for sustaining and extending healthy and independent living; personalized early risk
detection and intervention).
• Smart Systems and services promoting access to the socio-economical and cultural
• IoT and smart real-time surveillance systems for monitoring, auditing and control
to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
• eHealth smart solutions in the fight against a COVID-19 like pandemic.
• IoT and Smart Healthcare systems with an environmentally friendly and sustainable
Health Infrastructure and Healthcare Operation Services
• Distributed and connected digital healthcare services.
• IoT services for real-time monitoring of health data and status of patients and/or
• Wearable devices and IoT systems for remote monitoring of health data and status
of patients and/or older adults.
• mHealth services and applications using mobile and wearable devices to collect
community and clinical health data, and deliver healthcare information to
practitioners, researchers and patients.
• Sustainable city environments for emergency health management.
• 5G and beyond for healthcare in sustainable smart cities.
• Wireless Sensor Networks for advanced smart healthcare in sustainable cities.
Quality in Healthcare Systems
• New experimental validation methods with end-users.
• Systems and services for ensuring patient’s commitment to the medication
• Digital health systems and tools for health care professional training and
• Communication systems and services improving the quality of patient and
healthcare provider contact before, during and after admission.
• Methods and Technology for Improving the quality of services-oriented care
• Methods, Digital Tools and/or Services for inclusive-for-all healthcare systems.
• Co-Creation of healthcare systems for social well being of people with special
needs, older adults and/or deprivileged or disadvantaged people.
• Systems for management of health and care (mental health, pain, neurological
disorders, sight, hearing, balance, space awareness; sensory based physiological
and psychological non-invasive measurements, preventive healthcare, m-healthcare,
e-healthcare, integrated care, serious games, electronic health record, self-
management, patient-centered systems for survivorship, palliation and/or
Privacy, Security & Standardization
• Standardization, certification, labelling, and communication issues (related to
ageing well, to sensory impairment).
• Privacy and Security/Regulation compliant services in health care systems (e.g.,
• Security and privacy of digital health systems and service.
• Socio-economic issues of smart healthcare in sustainable societies.
• Privacy, security and ethics in eHealth smart solutions and surveillance at scale in
the fight against a COVID-19 pandemic.
High-quality original submissions that address such future issues, show the
design and evaluation in (near-) real scenarios, explain how to benchmark
systems, and outline the education and training procedures for acquiring new
perceptual skills while using such systems are welcome. Research and technical
papers are expected to present significant and original contributions validated with
the targeted end-users.
Submissions should clearly state the progress beyond the existing state-of-
the-art and the expected societal benefits of the developed technology. When
possible, validate scenarios with the target user groups and well-identified
technology readiness levels
should be at least outlined.
We invite Research and Technical papers, up to 15 pages, describing original
unpublished research, making a substantial contribution to the research field.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee. As was the case for
IHAW 2021, the proceedings of IHAW 2022 will be published by Springer in the
Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series
(https://www.springer.com/series/7899) and will be presented in the technical
sessions of the conference.
The Best Paper Award is sponsored by MDPI "Sensors" with 300 CHF.
The authors of the best papers accepted and presented at IHAW2022 will be invited
to submit extended versions of their papers for further review and possible inclusion
in either of two Journal Special Issues that will be organised with SN Computer
Science (Springer) and Smart Health (Elsevier).
Submissions of all types should be carefully formatted according to the
Springer format for conference proceedings:
The submission process will be handled through Easy Chair and the
submission link is: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=icihaw2022 .
• Submission Deadline: October 3, 2022 (AoE, firm!)
• Notification: October 24, 2022
• Camera-Ready Submission Deadline: November 7, 2022
• Author Registration Deadline: November 7, 2022
Honorary General Chair
• Edwige Pissaloux, University of Rouen Normandy, France
• George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Achilleas Achilleos, Frederick University, Cyprus
• Ramiro Velazquez, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico
• Jessica Allingham, Lakehead University, Canada
• Petros Stratis, Easy Conferences LTD, Cyprus
Steering and Program Committee